Daniel Hudson just bent KW over and violated him.

Jordan4life_2007

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
Do you notice how much you talk about yourself and your posting here? Even when you're in a good mood you talk about how negative you are. You point out when other people are crazy enough to even be more negative than you, and how much that surprises you.

You post here often. You are the Skip Bayless of Soxtalk. Trust me, you don't need to discuss your own posting style and the reactions to it. And yet you constantly do.

:lolhitting

I know people hate hearing this and it's a cliche around here, but based on the combination of number of posts, tone of said posts, and the timing of said posts, I really have to wonder if some people are happier about being "right" when the Sox are terrible so they can post over and over about the reasons why than they are when the Sox are winning, maybe because there's not as much to hyperanalyze. I don't know, but oftentimes PHT is a pretty depressing place because of this.

And I'm someone who's spent more time feeling pessimistic than optimistic since '07 and a pretty big critic of Ozzie and some moves by KW that I thought were boneheaded.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
I know people hate hearing this and it's a cliche around here, but based on the combination of number of posts, tone of said posts, and the timing of said posts, I really have to wonder if some people are happier about being "right" when the Sox are terrible so they can post over and over about the reasons why than they are when the Sox are winning, maybe because there's not as much to hyperanalyze. I don't know, but oftentimes PHT is a pretty depressing place because of this.

And I'm someone who's spent more time feeling pessimistic than optimistic since '07 and a pretty big critic of Ozzie and some moves by KW that I thought were boneheaded.

For me, it's just frustration with muddling along as an "average" (this year, below average) team going on three years now.

That, and the mystifying inability to beat AL Central opponents, especially the Twins and the Tigers (since the end of last year).

And the knowledge that continuing on this path has no future...yet not particularly believing we have the front office and managerial/coaching staff in place to completely start over from scratch with a new philosophy/direction and stick with that plan...I just want SOMETHING to be excited about for the future, SOME reason for hope.

For me, it has been Viciedo, ever since we signed him. But I'm not sure if that's enough for the casual White Sox fan.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)

Especially when these same people are absent when we put a little winning streak together.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Especially when these same people are absent when we put a little winning streak together.

Well, the anti-Ozzie crowd already will have been given a gift on a silver platter if Ozzie seriously sits Konerko for Dunn tomorrow.

Paulie's basically our ONLY offensive threat these days, along with Alexei.

We can't just HOPE Dunn flares to life in a Sunday line-up when we have the hottest hitter in the AL. And we lose a lot there defensively as well. Honestly, I'd rather risk Dunn in LF for one game than sitting Konerko.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)

NO doubt about it in my mind. Pay attention to who posts when we lose, and who posts when we win.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)

I will say I'm actually far more pissed at the Sox than I even usually am this year for quite the opposite reason. I bought in, and thought this team was going to win this division. And I suppose it still could. But it just seem unlikely right now, and that's just disheartening.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
I will say I'm actually far more pissed at the Sox than I even usually am this year for quite the opposite reason. I bought in, and thought this team was going to win this division. And I suppose it still could. But it just seem unlikely right now, and that's just disheartening.

Were 5 1/2 out of a weak ass division in mid June.. Im not sure how anyone could think its unlikely

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Were 5 1/2 out of a weak ass division in mid June.. Im not sure how anyone could think its unlikely

It's perhaps unlikely because the team is closer to last than first, hasn't been at/above .500 in a bit over 2 months, and has no historical precedent for coming from significantly behind to make the playoffs at any point in most of our lifetimes?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 04:20 AM)
NO doubt about it in my mind. Pay attention to who posts when we lose, and who posts when we win.

Oh cmon, most of us who seem like jerks when we blast the White Sox want the team to win.

I didn't cry when we won the WS, but a lot of people I know did. I was freaking happy and thrilled the entire offseason.

If Rios turns into an all star I'll be happy. And I despise Rios at this date.

all I can say is it's a weird year. I actually agree with the Hawk. The fact that Detroit or any other team hasn't buried the Sox this year is a bad idea. Now, that is a lot on the Sox. They obviously have to play MUCH better. It drives me crazy because the simple move of either DFA'ing Pierre or not starting him and bringing the Tank up makes this team significantly better is SO obvious.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)

Wait, who does that? The pessimistic posters I can think of are here all the time, regardless of how the Sox fared.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
Wait, who does that? The pessimistic posters I can think of are here all the time, regardless of how the Sox fared.

I am pessimistic nowadays (used to be an optimist), but I am here win, lose or draw. Jordan4Life is too, Fathom, you, Sqwert, etc.

I f***ing hate it when people try to say that some fans love it when they lose, because they were right about a move that team made.

A) I would rather be wrong 100% of the time if it meant making the playoffs

B) Don't be pissed that someone that isnt your fave GM actually foresaw this s*** coming. It's so damn frustrating that a fan can see the shortsightedness of the organization but they don't do a damn thing about it, and when they do it's not nearly enough effort. But that's okay, it's not their way. Their way is 2nd place!! Yay improvement!!

/rant.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
The mention of Hawks comment is well taken. That might be the end of September lament by the Tigers and Indians. They should have put us away when they had the chance, but they didn't and they paid for it

If this team can't dig itself up to .500 within the next 2 or 3 weeks, that'll have been good enough to put the Sox away.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
As much as Hawk is correct, I believe he also said last night that the Sox are the only team capable of taking a strangle-hold of the division if they ever get to the top, which is completely idiotic.

Yeah he's wrong. A lot of people think the White Sox who are nearing the end of June, are magically going to become a great team.

Who the hell keeps track of when certain posters do and do not post? I wasn't on last night because I took my father out for an early father's day dinner. Not because I didn't feel like posting due to being pissed the Sox won. lol.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
Who the hell keeps track of when certain posters do and do not post? I wasn't on last night because I took my father out for an early father's day dinner. Not because I didn't feel like posting due to being pissed the Sox won. lol.

No one keeps track, because it isn't necessary. It's not necessary because it's blatantly obvious what causes more traffic.

And of course, once again, you've got to make this all about you again.