If Dayan Viciedo is called up before August

Real

How do you think Viciedo makes the team?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Select one of the following

• Sox release/trade Juan Pierre
    • Sox release/trade Mark Teahen
    • Sox trade a starting pitcher
    • Combination of the above (please specify below)
    • He doesnt, he'll finish the year in AAA or will be traded

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 06:53 AM)
This is our winning lineup this year in my opinion but with Lillibridge at 3B and Dayan in the outfield. I know, I know, I know Lillipad hasn't ever played 3B, but then again, he rarely played the outfield before this year as well and look at what he's done. I'm sure he's capable of being decent over there.

Of course it will never happen.

I'm so sick of this team, this organization, this manager, this GM, they are a joke. f*** you Ozzie and your love for one of the worst players in the game. Sure, we need to play Rios and Dunn because of the contracts and their talent level but it is so CLEAR that JP is done, it's sickening.

And yet you heard him tonight. We will only get more.

Mark Kotsay anyone?

The exact same stubborness that made us watch Erstad, and Wise and Kotsay is what is making us watch Rios and Pierre right now. Its ironic both Rios and Pierre have scored the same amount of runs and have driven in the same amount of runs. Ozzie should be embarrassed penciling them in the line up when he has alternatives.

Guillen will eventually run out of patience with Pierre as this team flounders under .500. It's clearly not all his fault, but he's easily replacable. I think we're going to continue to see Pierre for the next 10 days or so, but around July, it's time to cut the chord, and try to make one of the few moves that can possibly help.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:51 AM)
Honestly, and this includes me, I think too much is being made of Viciedo not being up yet. Yes, he should definitely be here. That's a no-brainer. But he's not going to save this offense. Rios, Dunn, AJ, Beckham and Morel are not going to start hitting because Dayan is in the lineup. I don't think Pujols can save this lineup right now. Even the most pessimistic poster could not have predicted that on June 18th we'd have this many Rafael Belliard (the worst hitter I've ever seen) wannabees. Greg Walker needs to come out and have a press conference and explain this s***. They owe us that much. Rios? Are you serious? He is TERRIBLE. Beckham? WTF happened to this guy? Morel? Where's all this gap power he was supposed to have?

True, it doesn't really matter if Dunn and Rios (and others) don't carry their worth, but this team could use another bat in the middle of the order and maybe Viceido is that guy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Honestly, and this includes me, I think too much is being made of Viciedo not being up yet. Yes, he should definitely be here. That's a no-brainer. But he's not going to save this offense. Rios, Dunn, AJ, Beckham and Morel are not going to start hitting because Dayan is in the lineup. I don't think Pujols can save this lineup right now. Even the most pessimistic poster could not have predicted that on June 18th we'd have this many Rafael Belliard (the worst hitter I've ever seen) wannabees. Greg Walker needs to come out and have a press conference and explain this s***. They owe us that much. Rios? Are you serious? He is TERRIBLE. Beckham? WTF happened to this guy? Morel? Where's all this gap power he was supposed to have?

I'm not looking at Viciedo to "save" the offense just make it better. 10 shutouts is way to many for a few months of baseball. If Dunn can rebound and get into the middle of the order Vicedo is ideal for hitting at least 6th. We've been wasting way too many good starting pitching performances and my fear is once the offense turns it up a notch the pitching will regress. Like you said it should be a " no-brainer."

Here's what has to happen.

1) Pierre - You know the Sox want anything in return. Or Ozzie will still play his teacher's pet at the top of the lineup much to the dismay of this White Sox fan. So Pierre would probably be a deadline day trade (July 31st) in order to get some kind of compensation. That should open the door for Carlos Quentin to slide to LF, then Dayan can play RF.

2) Rios - what to do what to do. The Arizona series had me interested in Rios again, but it just looks like he's thinking way too much at every home game. He's not going anywhere, again much to the dismay of Sox fans, because Brent Lillibridge deserves PT time. *SIGH* Nothing to do with Viciedo but IMHO.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
Here's what has to happen.

1) Pierre - You know the Sox want anything in return. Or Ozzie will still play his teacher's pet at the top of the lineup much to the dismay of this White Sox fan. So Pierre would probably be a deadline day trade (July 31st) in order to get some kind of compensation. That should open the door for Carlos Quentin to slide to LF, then Dayan can play RF.

2) Rios - what to do what to do. The Arizona series had me interested in Rios again, but it just looks like he's thinking way too much at every home game. He's not going anywhere, again much to the dismay of Sox fans, because Brent Lillibridge deserves PT time. *SIGH* Nothing to do with Viciedo but IMHO.

If we want to talk about a "Return on investment" guy, the guy that really applies to is Rios. With $40 million+ still on his contract, we just can't eat that salary. He has to be playing.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 08:24 AM)
Isn't there something coming up in 11 days regarding service years and Viciedo being arb-eligible a year later? If so, that date (or shortly after) is when I'd expect to see Viciedo up here provided Pierre's troubles continue.

I think it is either 9 or 10 now, but yes... after that point, he can't get a full year of service, even if he plays all year. That will push his free agency back a year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 08:26 AM)
I think it is either 9 or 10 now, but yes... after that point, he can't get a full year of service, even if he plays all year. That will push his free agency back a year.

Here is the article

http://www.southsidesox.com/2011/6/21/2234...dayan#storyjump

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:49 AM)
Sox trade/release Pierre.

I know the joke is that Pierre is on this team for life and blah blah blah, but you have to think AT SOME POINT Kenny is just going to say "The f*** with it" and trade Pierre for either cash, or some low-a fodder. Hell, even if he has to release him. You have got to think it's coming. Because I don't see any other scenario other than Rios getting traded, and I think that's a lot less likely.

Have you heard Ozzie's comments on Juan? All he cares about is that Juan's .260 batting average is higher than Dunn/Rios/Teahen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)

Not saying he's wrong, but there do seem to be conflicting opinions on the matter:

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
He has 83 days of service, they'd have to keep him down there until like August to have a shot at avoiding super 2.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:19 AM)
Not saying he's wrong, but there do seem to be conflicting opinions on the matter:

Super 2 is different. That is for arbitration purposes only. You have to have 172 days (times six) of service to be able to become a free agent on your own. If you are a super 2, all that means is that you get to go to arb one more year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
Super 2 is different. That is for arbitration purposes only. You have to have 172 days (times six) of service to be able to become a free agent on your own. If you are a super 2, all that means is that you get to go to arb one more year.

Edit nevermind, I just realized we were talking about two different things. I was referring to eventual free agency.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)

Ah, my mistake.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
Would you guys be upset if Viciedo was brought up the day after super 2 deadline?

I'm just not sure any more.

it'd basically be giving away this season for the Super 2 deadline...but he might not make enough of a difference to turn this team into winners this season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
Have you heard Ozzie's comments on Juan? All he cares about is that Juan's .260 batting average is higher than Dunn/Rios/Teahen.

Yeah, but Ozzie doesn't make the decisions, which is my point. I think at some point Kenny has to say "to Hell with Ozzie", and do what's right for the team, not for Ozzie's golden boy.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
Yeah, but Ozzie doesn't make the decisions, which is my point. I think at some point Kenny has to say "to Hell with Ozzie", and do what's right for the team, not for Ozzie's golden boy.

That's the real problem here.

It sure seems like Ozzie is the one making the decisions, and that KW's only recourses are "hang on until I get permission to fire Ozzie" or "Resign".