AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
I think the platooning of Brent is what kept him looking so good for so long.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
And I think the lack of playing time has inhibited him from developing any sort of consistency in his batting.

Interesting.

Lilly has 25 hits in 94 at bats and seven are home runs. He has 11 walks which is pretty good, and 26 strike outs in 94 at bats.

Isn't baseball a crazy game. A skinny guy like that with seven home runs (just 13 RBI). I like the Bomb, but seven of his 25 hits are dingers. Crazy. Eleven of hits are extra base. Only 14 singles.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Interesting.

Lilly has 25 hits in 94 at bats and seven are home runs. He has 11 walks which is pretty good, and 26 strike outs in 94 at bats.

Isn't baseball a crazy game. A skinny guy like that with seven home runs (just 13 RBI). I like the Bomb, but seven of his 25 hits are dingers. Crazy. Eleven of hits are extra base. Only 14 singles.

Really, at this point, it's flat out impossible to project what he'd have done given nearly every day playing time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Really, at this point, it's flat out impossible to project what he'd have done given nearly every day playing time.

Last year was very similar actually. When he came up and played infrequently his numbers were way better than when he got more playing time as the season went on.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Last year was very similar actually. When he came up and played infrequently his numbers were way better than when he got more playing time as the season went on.

But even when he played frequently, it was still over short stretches. I think he's shown enough that he really needs to be given 4-5 games a week for a 2-3 week stretch right now to see what he can do***

***This is only contingent on keeping with the staus quo. If Viciedo comes up or Rios/Beckham gets their act together, Lilli should remain as a 1-2 games per week super sub player