Sox @ D-Backs, 3:10 PM, CSN

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Pierre is an everyday player whether fans like it or not. He'll be an everyday player the rest of the season and maybe next season with the Marlins.

I'm not sure he'll continue to be an everyday player if he continues to struggle. His time is coming, but Guillen is giving him every last opportunity to stay in the lineup.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Pierre is an everyday player whether fans like it or not. He'll be an everyday player the rest of the season and maybe next season with the Marlins.

Pierre is also undoubtedly one of the worst everyday starters in the majors. The guy you love to hate, Dunn, is getting on at a higher rate. To compound that, Pierre's defense has been awful, eclipsed only by his baserunning.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Pierre is also undoubtedly one of the worst everyday starters in the majors. The guy you love to hate, Dunn, is getting on at a higher rate. To compound that, Pierre's defense has been awful, eclipsed only by his baserunning.

Facts have no place in this argument. Pierre=good, Ozzie=God. The end

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
Dunn and Teahen means bad defense and equals a loss.

Unless Dunn finally has a multi home run game to make up for the runs we'll be giving up today.

Let us not give up before the first pitch is thrown

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
he has done that and he hasn't been benched. I blame Ozzie everyday he's in the line-up, but at this point this is on KW, he needs to be DFA'd and taken away from Ozzie.

Rongey was on Whitesox weekly going into a with what they pay Pierre giving him away for nothing would be wasteful. It's better to keep him around in the hopes that he can provide some value. Looks like bagdad bob got him marching orders and is filling the airwaves with this wisdom.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Rongey was on Whitesox weekly going into a with what they pay Pierre giving him away for nothing would be wasteful. It's better to keep him around in the hopes that he can provide some value. Looks like bagdad bob got him marching orders and is filling the airwaves with this wisdom.

Which also tells you about what other teams would be willing to give up for him. "Nothing".

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)

Who's our "Chemical Ali" ??

So how does Rongey explain giving up on MacDougal and Linebrink? Weren't those deals wasteful?

Manny Ramirez? Will Ohman? Mark Teahen?

That was the worst National Anthem I've ever heard....unless the little girl's father died fighting in war, I'm not sure what the DBacks were thinking.

Twins winning again thanks to a terrible error from the Pads.

I'm becoming convinced that this season, once again, has all the indications of a patented second-half Twinkie run. One of the key indications being that teams play like dogs*** against them.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
54.6 IP, 36 hits

This guy is no joke....and he gave up something like 10 hits and 5 runs in his last start.....the rest of his season, only 6 ER TOTAL

All with a FB that tops out at 88.

Hopefully Phil can make as short of work of their lineup as he did of ours.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
While I agree that it sucks to see Pierre everyday, Lilly Flower isn't an everyday player either.

We simply don't know this. He's got a totally different swing than what we've seen him sporting the last couple seasons. He's not the 1.200 OPS guy we saw in May, but he can take a walk, is a lot better on defense than Pierre, and puts the ball in play.

If nothing else, I want to see what he can do. If he can put up a .750-ish OPS, then he's helping this team.