Marlins interested in Ozzie Guillen (again)

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)
Should we ban you for saying something like that?

And you just proved my point. So Ozzie can insinuate somebody is the "F" word but I use the "R" word to describe a piece of an article and I'm the devil? Yeah. I win. Whether you like it or not.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
And you just proved my point. So Ozzie can insinuate somebody is the "F" word but I use the "R" word to describe a piece of an article and I'm the devil? Yeah. I win. Whether you like it or not.

No one cares if you win.

Would you accept sensitivity training and therapy as a condition of your win?

At other message boards, the answer to that question probably would be yes.

That's why SoxTalk is the best site, to me...because there's more tolerance for freedom of expression.

If we live in a society where common phrases that were used in the 1970's suddenly became the grounds for firing from a job (or being banned from a message board)....there HAVE to be more important things to worry about in the country and the world, aren't there?

I'm sure if you went through lots of 80's and even 90's movies, you would see the phrase "stop acting retarded" or "that's retarded" used numerous times. I suppose, when it's aimed at one specific person, it could be perceived as being more hurtful than just a "generalized" usage, but if you start parsing words, meaning, intention...it's a VERY slippery slope. Freedom of speech has always been one of the most important values.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)

Yeah, because you are the devil. :lolhitting I think shack is right about your me complex. I also am pretty right about what you would think of being used as an insult, because you take it personally when someone disagrees with you. You would lose it if I used you to mean some sort of sub-intelligent figure.

Honestly, I believe something like this should be used as an opportunity to make yourself a better person. That's why it even got brought up. But if you are perfectly proud of your ignorance here, there isn't much of a point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Yeah, because you are the devil. :lolhitting I think shack is right about your me complex. I also am pretty right about what you would think of being used as an insult, because you take it personally when someone disagrees with you. You would lose it if I used you to mean some sort of sub-intelligent figure.

Honestly, I believe something like this should be used as an opportunity to make yourself a better person. That's why it even got brought up. But if you are perfectly proud of your ignorance here, there isn't much of a point.

Shack doesn't know wtf he's talking about. And if I wanted to, I could post what he sent to me through PM. But I'm not gonna do that. I don't live to boost myself up on here. I have strong views and opinions and that's fine. If that's a bad thing then tell me now and I won't post here anymore. Ozzie clearly stated that JM was a "F" word. Now I want to see you or Balta saying Ozzie was wrong for using that term. Don't tell me you can't find it. Knight and Heads had no problem finding my posts last year on how Phil Humber would be garbage and throwing it back in my face. I challenge you guys to do the same.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Ozzie clearly stated that JM was a "F" word. Now I want to see you or Balta saying Ozzie was wrong for using that term.

Ozzie was f***ing horribly wrong for using that term and the sensitivity training that they had him do was no where near as severe of a response as it should have been.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
Shack doesn't know wtf he's talking about. And if I wanted to, I could post what he sent to me through PM. But I'm not gonna do that. I don't live to boost myself up on here. I have strong views and opinions and that's fine. If that's a bad thing then tell me now and I won't post here anymore. Ozzie clearly stated that JM was a "F" word. Now I want to see you or Balta saying Ozzie was wrong for using that term. Don't tell me you can't find it. Knight and Heads had no problem finding my posts last year on how Phil Humber would be garbage and throwing it back in my face. I challenge you guys to do the same.

Ozzie was wrong for using it. That wasn't what you asked. You asked if he should be fired. There is a difference.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
Ozzie was f***ing horribly wrong for using that term and the sensitivity training that they had him do was no where near as severe of a response as it should have been.

Fair enough. Balta +1. Do you think that was a fireable offense? And for the record, I'll remove the "R" word from my vocabulary.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Fair enough SS2K5. But at least tell me you see my point of view? I won't use that erm anymore.

I see your point of view, I just don't agree with it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me either. Just don't take it that I am personally insulting you if I argue with you.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)

I told you to go F yourself. Don't make it sound like I used some sort of racial slur or something.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
I told you to go F yourself. Don't make it sound like I used some sort of racial slur or something.

Which implies you are obsessed with me and have something smart to say whenever I post something. You're not fooling anybody. I've never come at you personally.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
Which implies you are obsessed with me and have something smart to say whenever I post something. You're not fooling anybody. I've never come at you personally.

No, it implies if I have a problem with you personally, I approach you via PM.

I am certainly not obsessed with you. There you go again flattering yourself. Trust me, if I was going to be obsessed with someone, it would not be you.

You're just a lightning rod for ignorance right now. You've got more nonsense coming off your fingertips than Niagara Falls has water spilling over its edge.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
No, it implies if I have a problem with you personally, I approach you via PM.

I am certainly not obsessed with you. There you go again flattering yourself. Trust me, if I was going to be obsessed with someone, it would not be you.

You're just a lightning rod for ignorance right now. You've got more nonsense coming off your fingertips than Niagara Falls has water spilling over its edge.

If you say so. It doesn't matter what I post, or what thread, etc. You've always got something to say. I wasn't going to say s***. But now people think I'm just full of myself and I want to be popular or some s***. And that's partly because of you. Are you serious? Take that s*** somewhere else.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
If you say so. It doesn't matter what I post, or what thread, etc. You've always got something to say. I wasn't going to say s***. But now people think I'm just full of myself and I want to be popular or some s***. And that's partly because of you. Are you serious? Take that s*** somewhere else.

Hey, I was minding my own business when you mentioned for the second or third time in a thread that I insulted you in a PM. I'm just making it clear to everyone, despite your inferences, that I didn't write some kind of racial slur to you or something.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
Hey, I was minding my own business when you mentioned for the second or third time in a thread that I insulted you in a PM. I'm just making it clear to everyone, despite your inferences, that I didn't write some kind of racial slur to you or something.

Who said anything about racial? SS2K5 said you were right in that I make everything about me. That's hippos***. I don't even have 20, 000 post yet and I've been posting here since '03.