Marlins interested in Ozzie Guillen (again)

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:14 AM)
I can't say ever since I didn't watch the first century and a quarter of Major League Baseball, but he's among the worst I've ever seen. The White Sox put on the "we're not managed well" clinic last night, letting the only good player on the other team produce their first three runs, leaving the starting pitcher in too long and making sure he burst into virtual flames and the game was over before removing him, and then letting Juan Pierre make the last out of the game during a mild threat with Brent Lillibridge available on the bench (and yes, I know he was ejected by that point, and no I don't buy he wasn't still calling the shots).

Ozzie Guillen's PR manager, Joe Cowley, wrote this article after the game. I hope there is heat on Kenny Williams as well, to be fair. But we can only hope Oz is gone in the very near future: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/6074231-417...might-bolt.html

EDIT: Sorry Greg, didn't notice you posted the story already.

Why WOULDN'T Ozzie do something like that article suggests. He already b****ed and moaned his way into having his option picked up. He's like a little kid that cries to get his way. He's gonna keep doing it because he knows it works.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Ozzie b****ing about now? He's locked up through next year. He's failed miserably in a division that should've been ours 80% of the time since he's been here. Highest Payroll in team history and we're, what, 5 games below .500 going into July? It's a good thing I don't work for the media. I would so goad him into saying something that would get his ass fired immediately. Our media sucks here. They never ask good questions.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
This story isn't going to play well on soxtalk.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/cowley/6074...-just-bolt.html

Save your time.

Comments coming:

-- Fire him now.

-- Let the big mouth go.

-- How much more can Jerry take from this guy?

-- I'm sick of Ozzie and his kids. Florida just take him now!! You can have him!!

Key the reaction in three, two, one ... Boom sox fans go get Ozzie.

Ah yes, the old Oney source for Cowley.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 08:49 AM)
Ah yes, the old Oney source for Cowley.

I don't even think that's an Oney source one, that's "trying to take the fact that there's a marlins vacancy and using it to see if you can make Oney or Ozzie go off."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
I don't even think that's an Oney source one, that's "trying to take the fact that there's a marlins vacancy and using it to see if you can make Oney or Ozzie go off."

You don't think this is Ozzie through Oney trying to get a big money extension? It is pretty obvious that is what is going on to me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:15 AM)
You don't think this is Ozzie through Oney trying to get a big money extension? It is pretty obvious that is what is going on to me.

Midseason where the team is under .500 after going "all in behind the manager"? Even Ozzie and Oney aren't that dumb.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
Midseason where the team is under .500 after going "all in behind the manager"? Even Ozzie and Oney aren't that dumb.

He got his option picked up after yet another disappointing season in the offseason. It seems worth a shot to me.

And no, I wouldn't put it past him.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
He got his option picked up after yet another disappointing season in the offseason. It seems worth a shot to me.

And no, I wouldn't put it past him.

Think of it this way. You know your job is potentially in danger, and the general manager keeps setting you up for the fall. The one ally you have on the team is Jerry, and now you have a team that might be interested in you. I totally think think this leakk was Oney based.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
Think of it this way. You know your job is potentially in danger, and the general manager keeps setting you up for the fall. The one ally you have on the team is Jerry, and now you have a team that might be interested in you. I totally think think this link was Oney based.

How on Earth is KW setting Ozzie up to take a fall? By giving Ozzie the exact players he asks for and then having the org mouthpieces defend them?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
How on Earth is KW setting Ozzie up to take a fall? By giving Ozzie the exact players he asks for and then having the org mouthpieces defend them?

Every time the roster comes up, especially when Viciedo and Pierre come up, Kenny mentions that Dayan isn't here because he doesn't have anywhere to play, because he believes in the roster he has. You don't see the 1+1 there?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
Think of it this way. You know your job is potentially in danger, and the general manager keeps setting you up for the fall. The one ally you have on the team is Jerry, and now you have a team that might be interested in you. I totally think think this leakk was Oney based.

I agree with you.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)

You can see that Williams is setting up Ozzie just as well as anyone (justifiably, IMO). He toes the company line at times, but he also heavily insinuates repeatedly that Pierre is only here because of Ozzie and that he can't promote Viciedo because Ozzie wouldn't play him. He's speaking out of both sides of his mouth, really.

I personally favor KW more, but both should probably go. The worst scenario would be to keep Ozzie and fire KW.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
Every time the roster comes up, especially when Viciedo and Pierre come up, Kenny mentions that Dayan isn't here because he doesn't have anywhere to play, because he believes in the roster he has. You don't see the 1+1 there?

But that's because Ozzie Guillen is making the decision himself!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
All of the while his boss keeps publicly stating that this isn't his call, so when/if it fails the whole world knows whose fault it is.

If Ozzie thinks this is a potential issue...then he should stop playing Juan Pierre!

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
I personally favor KW more, but both should probably go. The worst scenario would be to keep Ozzie and fire KW.

Agreed with this entire statement. Ideally if we miss the playoffs both should be gone, but retaining Ozzie and firing Kenny would be absoutely atrocious. Think how many Juan Pierre's and Mark Kotsay's we'd have running around.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
Agreed with this entire statement. Ideally if we miss the playoffs both should be gone, but retaining Ozzie and firing Kenny would be absoutely atrocious. Think how many Juan Pierre's and Mark Kotsay's we'd have running around.

But think of the top 5 draft picks we could get!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
If Ozzie thinks this is a potential issue...then he should stop playing Juan Pierre!

I think Ozzie truly believes that Pierre (or anyone in that mold) is vital. It's sad.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)

If you think Ozzie's ego is bad now, I can't imagine how much worse it'd be in that scenario. He'd run this organization from top to bottom.