Chicago @ Chicago, 06/20, 7:10, WCIU (Sox), CSN (Cubs)

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)
Are you watching the game. Zambrano has no rythm. He is throwing meatball after meatball up there. A good hitting team has sent Zambrano to the showers already.

I am not able to watch it. Tomorrow but not tonite. Really me point is that this always sems to happen to the Sox. They start to get to someone and for some reason he wiggles out of it and we can't do anything. Wea re outhitting the Cubs and they have the runs

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
The scariest thing of all is the 50/50 possibility that we just watched our Opening Day starter in 2012 get violated.

Other than one inning last night, the White Sox and "crooked numbers" don't go together.

We bench Beckham (fine) but we weaken our defense with Teahen and don't think about trying someone over Pierre or Dunn.

I would much rather see Humber than him

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Dunn juist amazes me. 3 at bats and 3 k's and Zambrano is a righty pitcxher with nothing on the ball according to you guys

Dunn would be better off trying to hit right handed holding the bat upside down.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
Our team whole heartedly believes that there is no reason to worry. That they can sail along cashing checks and the rest of the division will just wait around. Its a long season, no reason to worry until September 15th.

Look at our lineup. The manager can't control himself and puts a stacked lefty lineup of old and the crappy. He must live in some area where time is frozen. That players dont age, and slappy is better than power.

I for one would of liked to see what Viciedo does tonight against Zambrano. But we get the slap and tickle show.

Farmer laying into Sox fans for their reactions to Dunn's ineptitude.

Yay, he's trying!

"I was already booing myself." Some consolation for $14 million.

Wow....some action. Ozzie kicked Soto's mask 30 feet. At least there's some excitement finally.

For some reason, when one of the teams are REALLY down in this series, they have a way of really making life miserable for the better team. It's like the playoffs for the Cubs. For the White Sox, like another game against the Twins or Tigers.

Wonder how many games this season we'll get 36,000+ after this series?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Dunn juist amazes me. 3 at bats and 3 k's and Zambrano is a righty pitcxher with nothing on the ball according to you guys
And this is a team and pitcher he's hit well in the past.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)

And he's crushed him throughout his career too, 7 or 8 homers alone in the match-up.

Babe Ruth was fat. John Kruk was fat. Tony Gwynn was fat. Why didn't it affect their hitting?

Edited by caulfield12

I hate the feel of this game, from Floyd pitching terribly to Zambrano getting away with filth, and now that last call against Ramirez? It feels like something else goofy is going to happen, like an injury or we'll come back only to lose.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
And he's crushed him throughout his career too, 7 or 8 homers alone in the match-up.

Babe Ruth was fat. John Kruk was fat. Why didn't it affect their hitting?

They had appendixes?

I keep hearing we don't want to bring up Viciedo because Pierre is on an MLB contract, and the team doesn't want to lose money. Isn't Viciedo also on an MLB contract, since we signed him out of Cuba? Aren't we paying him $4 million to kill AAA?

I realize Pierre isn't really an issue in this game, but it's been on my mind since listening to Rongey yesterday.

Edited by almagest

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
One of the biggest horses*** calls I have ever seen. Oh well, at least we don't have to deal with Ozzie's s***ty managing anymore tonight! :P

Then you don't watch a lot of baseball.

That ball was fair, it was actually the right call.

QUOTE (almagest @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
I keep hearing we don't want to bring up Viciedo because Pierre is on an MLB contract, and the team doesn't want to lose money. Isn't Viciedo also on an MLB contract, since we signed him out of Cuba? Aren't we paying him $4 million to kill AAA?

Only about $1.5 million this year and if he stays down past mid august he might have another year before arbitration starts and FA starts.