Chicago @ Chicago, 06/20, 7:10, WCIU (Sox), CSN (Cubs)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
Basically, you described Baseball Hell. Looks like 2012 will be another one of those seasons where we're hoping players play up to the expectations because we're sure as hell not doing a lot of trading and FA signings.

Maybe we'll at least get some guys who are hungry.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Hmmm, football no guarantee, so I guess ill look forward to hockey preseason in September.

No football.......... Saturday football is fine with me. If the idiots cannot divide 9 billion i hope they all go down in flames.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
Two notes:

Adam Dunn = Albert Belle

The only way the Sox win tonight is if Marmol lays a goose egg. Let's see it happen. f***! I hate losing to the Cubs.

I'd take a 50 HR season from Dunn, when will he do that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
If his job is on the line, isn't that the logical move for him?

Oh its logical for him. Each year he burns the farm down to go for his small percentage all in he kills the franchise a bit more for long term success.

The economics of a medicore team, poor attendance, and a high payroll with large unmoveable contracts turns us into the cubs for a few years.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
No football.......... Saturday football is fine with me. If the idiots cannot divide 9 billion i hope they all go down in flames.

Saturday football is clearly better, they don't have to worry about dividing anything!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Oh its logical for him. Each year he burns the farm down to go for his small percentage all in he kills the franchise a bit more for long term success.

The economics of a medicore team, poor attendance, and a high payroll with large unmoveable contracts turns us into the cubs for a few years.

If we grab a young guy for Danks and convince Cooper not to leave, this team can still be back next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
I'd take a 50 HR season from Dunn, when will he do that?

Never. We wasted an investment on a shmuck when we could have had someone who doesn't need a tennis racket to hit the damn ball.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
Two notes:

Adam Dunn = Albert Belle

The only way the Sox win tonight is if Marmol lays a goose egg. Let's see it happen. f***! I hate losing to the Cubs.

Belle was way better than Dunn.

Dunn is beyond belief in terms of badness.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
How is Dunn = Belle?

Sorry, would you prefer someone else like Canseco or the Big Hurt (Skirt) in a bad year? Dunn is awful and I need someone equally as bad to make fun of him with. He's my target, Pierre is right behind him.

Eh, Ohman may have retired every player he faced, but he looked far from good during his relief appearance.

He's basically that pitcher you put in thinking if he holds the opponent, good, if he doesn't, so be it -- we'll lose having saved the bullpen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
If we grab a young guy for Danks and convince Cooper not to leave, this team can still be back next year.

He will trade Viciedo, because its our biggest splash of talent and gets the most bang for our buck. He will go for a name, a name that will draw fans. A vet. Not young players.

He will trade Jackson, and get a small pidence. He will look to move Danks in the offseason. He is not a FA yet.

Belle's offensive prowess was at least respected by the fans.

While never loved or even liked, I don't ever remember a cascade of boos raining down on his head.

DJ: "Whatever Dunn's doing is just not working, period."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)

I think we are already there.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
He will trade Viciedo, because its our biggest splash of talent and gets the most bang for our buck. He will go for a name, a name that will draw fans. A vet. Not young players.

He will trade Jackson, and get a small pidence. He will look to move Danks in the offseason. He is not a FA yet.

Pittance? Joking.

If he trades Viciedo...I'm seriously going to boycott White Sox games until Hahn or a new G.M. is named.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
If Zambrano was honest he'd say it was his easiest challenge of the year, save for Paulie of course.

Paulie is a true hitter; everybody else, ha.

"Not a lot of teams are as aggressive one through nine as they are," Blackburn said. "They're all up there hacking, and that's pretty much what you're getting used to when you know you're about to face the White Sox."

That tells the story. We are a hacking swing as hard as we can offense that doesnt make a lot of contact and prays for center cut fastballs. If a team pours in fastballs on pitch one and then throws crap into the dirt they will beat our guys.