Chicago @ Chicago, 06/20, 7:10, WCIU (Sox), CSN (Cubs)

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Our team turns joke lineups and terrible pitching staffs into the best they can be.

We've been pretty darn good pitching most of the year -- starters at least.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time for me to turn this one off. More boring, frustrating baseball after the first inning. Hopefully we can bounce back and win the series, and keep playing decent. Sometimes I'm surprised that we've been playing pretty well since May, since in some games it seems like we're one of the worst teams in baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Looks like a pretty sad effort by Gavin. It's too bad cubs didn't sign Dunn like he wanted

I am convinced if he was with a different organization, he would be hitting normal. He has hit his entire career, he comes here and just goes to s***. There is something too it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Farmer laying into Sox fans for their reactions to Dunn's ineptitude.

Yay, he's trying!

"I was already booing myself." Some consolation for $14 million.

Wow....some action. Ozzie kicked Soto's mask 30 feet. At least there's some excitement finally.

For some reason, when one of the teams are REALLY down in this series, they have a way of really making life miserable for the better team. It's like the playoffs for the Cubs. For the White Sox, like another game against the Twins or Tigers.

Wonder how many games this season we'll get 36,000+ after this series?

zero (0)

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:28 AM)
Hell yeah Cubs can :sweep: .................Hell no changes will be made!

Why is it that with any loss this team suffers that someone has to get fired or traded? There is plenty of baseball left and you don't win the pennant based on one series or one game or one week

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:28 AM)
"Not a lot of teams are as aggressive one through nine as they are," Blackburn said. "They're all up there hacking, and that's pretty much what you're getting used to when you know you're about to face the White Sox."

That tells the story. We are a hacking swing as hard as we can offense that doesnt make a lot of contact and prays for center cut fastballs. If a team pours in fastballs on pitch one and then throws crap into the dirt they will beat our guys.

How does Walker keep his job after a comment like that. I mean, it's not like Blackburn is making it up either. If/when Walker is fired, I want to see the next hitting coach's reaction when working with our players. I'm sure there will be a lot of laughing and/or shock involved, perhaps even crying. at the situation.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
How does Walker keep his job after a comment like that. I mean, it's not like Blackburn is making it up either. If/when Walker is fired, I want to see the next hitting coach's reaction when working with our players. I'm sure there will be a lot of laughing and/or shock involved, perhaps even crying. at the situation.

Walker lets them do all their pre-game scouting via The Show and other video games.

Elrockin,

Ever since 2006 if the Sox lose a game its the end of the season.

Used to be a time when this place was fun and optimistic. I just wonder what everyone gets out of wanting to jump off a bridge after every game, doesnt seem like a way to enjoy a sport.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)

Loyalty is the deathnail of this organization. You know Garza Ex Twin and Davis will own Sox next 2 days.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
Eh, Ohman may have retired every player he faced, but he looked far from good during his relief appearance.

He's basically that pitcher you put in thinking if he holds the opponent, good, if he doesn't, so be it -- we'll lose having saved the bullpen.

He's what they call an "innings eater"

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:32 AM)
Why is it that with any loss this team suffers that someone has to get fired or traded? There is plenty of baseball left and you don't win the pennant based on one series or one game or one week

Or three months.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Elrockin,

Used to be a time when this place was fun and optimistic. I just wonder what everyone gets out of wanting to jump off a bridge after every game, doesnt seem like a way to enjoy a sport.

Time to update your avatar, Broham. I immediately ignore your posts when I see it.

Don't even reply with your nonsense, either. Just do it.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:35 AM)
Elrockin,

I hope life never gets that miserable for me :lolhitting :gosox1:

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
He will trade Viciedo, because its our biggest splash of talent and gets the most bang for our buck. He will go for a name, a name that will draw fans. A vet. Not young players.

He will trade Jackson, and get a small pidence. He will look to move Danks in the offseason. He is not a FA yet.

When the Yankees were struggling we could have got Granderson...too late now