Chicago @ Chicago, 06/20, 7:10, WCIU (Sox), CSN (Cubs)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Hawk if Pierre's last thing he is looking for is a slider from Marmol, then he needs to retire.

Juan Pierre makes the final out.

Meanwhile Viciedo keeps hitting in AAA.

Viciedo went 2-4 again today. 12 game hitting streak. I'd guess he's hitting about .330 now. That's not good enough! I want my LF'er to have 1 HR, 9-20 SB's, 5 errors, .250 AVG, .320 OBP! YAY!

QUOTE (Yoda @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
This only hurts more because we're playing the Cubs. But seriously, only 3 runs and that coming in the 1st inning?!

Zambrano's hanging sliders were floating too long, and had to much of the plate, for our hitters liking.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
This only hurts more because we're playing the Cubs. But seriously, only 3 runs and that coming in the 1st inning?!

It hurts because its a crappy NL team that we should beat. It hurts because its the worst pitching staff in the majors and we only score 3. It hurts because Juan Pierre burns my eyes.

This was just one terrible baseball team beating a bad baseball team. Really nothing appealing about these teams or this series if you think about it. No more significant than the Royals playing the Pirates. Except if you watched those two teams at you'd see better young talent. Chicago baseball is so depressing. Screw Ozzie, screw Floyd, screw Dunn, and screw this boring, underachieving, sleepy, pile of garbage they call the Chicago White Sox. Have a nice night.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
This was just one terrible baseball team beating a bad baseball team. Really nothing appealing about these teams or this series if you think about it. No more significant than the Royals playing the Pirates. Except if you watched those two teams at you'd see better young talent. Chicago baseball is so depressing. Screw Ozzie, screw Floyd, screw Dunn, and screw this boring, underachieving, sleepy, pile of garbage they call the Chicago White Sox. Have a nice night.

Here comes the ripping courtesy of SoxTalk..

Although, I do agree.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)

To me it sounds like 4 groups of fans who have no hope.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
Viciedo went 2-4 again today. 12 game hitting streak. I'd guess he's hitting about .330 now. That's not good enough! I want my LF'er to have 1 HR, 9-20 SB's, 5 errors, .250 AVG, .320 OBP! YAY!

Viciedo would be a major improvement over Pierre in the OF or even over Dunn at DH (DV can play RF with CQ going to DH). But our brilliant manager can't figure out a way to get him ABs so he wastes away in AAA.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:52 AM)

That is amazing. And all those Sox fans have to be pretty damn pissed at wasting that money.

Only way I could see that being fun is taking a niece or nephew or son or daughter to that game and just enjoying baseball and pretending the outcome doesn't matter in front of the wide eyed youngsters who love baseball for the right reasons.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
That is amazing. And all those Sox fans have to be pretty damn pissed at wasting that money.

Only way I could see that being fun is taking a niece or nephew or son or daughter to that game and just enjoying baseball and pretending the outcome doesn't matter in front of the wide eyed youngsters who love baseball for the right reasons.

Taking a kid to a cross town game is a risky adventure. This is amature hour where drunks with beer muscles want to fight you because their team is losing or you happen to wear opposing gear.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:18 AM)
Taking a kid to a cross town game is a risky adventure. This is amature hour where drunks with beer muscles want to fight you because their team is losing or you happen to wear opposing gear.

Well that sucks, then.

This isn't the f***ing NFL.

Should play day games if that's the case.

Drunks are going to go after kids??? f***heads. Throw them in jail.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
Winning the series is still in our favor... got Mark tomorrow who's great in interleague games and Peavy on Wednesday who absolutely owns the Cubs throughout his career.

Just like Floyd is great in interleague games?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Well that sucks, then.

This isn't the f***ing NFL.

Should play day games if that's the case.

Drunks are going to go after kids??? f***heads. Throw them in jail.

Yeah, Cubs/Sox ESPECIALLY at night is f***ing dangerous.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:21 AM)
Yeah, Cubs/Sox ESPECIALLY at night is f***ing dangerous.

That sucks truly.

Hey southside, I'm a Mt. Greenwooder myself.

Played for the Bears and the White Sox in Mt Greenwood LL and Babe Ruth.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
Winning the series is still in our favor... got Mark tomorrow who's great in interleague games and Peavy on Wednesday who absolutely owns the Cubs throughout his career.

Well it depends. Is our manager going to handicap our team with 2003 Marlins ball with Pierre and Omar up top. We need to score more than the other team to win.