Sox "trying to get a return on investment"

Real

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)
Morel is doing at this level what he's done at other levels. He started real bad at the plate, has been improving since with the average, and then adds a little power later.

If you want him to develop, then let him keep developing.

If you didn't want to wait, and wanted a guy who hit .280 off the bat with power, and with Morel's defense, well... how many of those do you think there are waiting around the minor leagues?

Have some patience, he's getting better, which can't be said of some others on this team.

Not to mention Brent is one of the few guys on the team who adjusts his game to fit the situation. If he needs to cut down on the swing he does, if he needs to go the other way he does...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:01 AM)
Morel is doing at this level what he's done at other levels. He started real bad at the plate, has been improving since with the average, and then adds a little power later.

If you didn't want to wait, and wanted a guy who hit .280 off the bat with power, and with Morel's defense, well... how many of those do you think there are waiting around the minor leagues?

Have some patience, he's getting better, which can't be said of some others on this team.

The other thing worth remembering is that if Adam Dunn had been Adam Dunn in the first half, this team would have a top 5 offense in MLB. As it stands...we're middle of the pack, and we're middle of the pack with 5 black holes in our lineup. If Dunn and Rios were doing what they were capable of, we'd be verging on a top 3 offense, even with Pierre, Beckham, and Morel being weak spots and Alexei struggling for the last month.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
The other thing worth remembering is that if Adam Dunn had been Adam Dunn in the first half, this team would have a top 5 offense in MLB. As it stands...we're middle of the pack, and we're middle of the pack with 5 black holes in our lineup. If Dunn and Rios were doing what they were capable of, we'd be verging on a top 3 offense, even with Pierre, Beckham, and Morel being weak spots and Alexei struggling for the last month.

Lexi's struggles have been troubling.

He can really really help our team, I almost want to say carry our team, when he gets hot.

And Beckham ... man I don't know what to think. He's really a miserable hitter right now. I didn't see his double last night. He's another guy I almost expect to make out now every time he goes to the plate.

When is this team going to get red hot at the plate where we start mashing over a 2 week span?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
Lexi's struggles have been troubling.

He can really really help our team, I almost want to say carry our team, when he gets hot.

And Beckham ... man I don't know what to think. He's really a miserable hitter right now. I didn't see his double last night. He's another guy I almost expect to make out now every time he goes to the plate.

When is this team going to get red hot at the plate where we start mashing over a 2 week span?

I didn't see his double either...that's cause he had no hits

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
Yes, in our offense, I'd rather have the guy who can hit the ball out of the park. It's also probably 99% likely that .220 hitter has more walks than Morel does.

The way our team is made up again this year with no speed, I want our best home run hitters in the lineup every single day.

This team cannot score runs w/out the long ball.

Bombs away, baby. Lift and pull the rest of the year like you guys have been doing ... only extend it to over the fricking fence.

Good pitching and home runs. Our only chance at postseason play.

Can anybody argue this with me with a straight face???

Cmon this is our ONLY POSSIBLE FORMULA for success. Home runs n pitching.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
The way our team is made up again this year with no speed, I want our best home run hitters in the lineup every single day.

This team cannot score runs w/out the long ball.

Bombs away, baby. Lift and pull the rest of the year like you guys have been doing ... only extend it to over the fricking fence.

Good pitching and home runs. Our only chance at postseason play.

Can anybody argue this with me with a straight face???

Cmon this is our ONLY POSSIBLE FORMULA for success. Home runs n pitching.

Don't forget early inning bunts.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
Don't forget early inning bunts.

Not any more I hope. I'm now in your guys' camp of no bunting.

I only want guys swinging for the fences. They've proven to me they can't score runs any other way. Not in '11 anyway.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)

There's a difference between saying he's developing and saying he's been doing exactly what he should be doing. I agree that he needs to be given more time before we need to start thinking about him being a bust, but no amount of cherry picking stats is going to make a case that Morel has been good or even "doing what he should be doing."