AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

I know they swept the Nats last year, but does anyone see the similarities I do in this Cubs series vs the Washington one last year? The Sox barely scored in that series and it was an interleague series, and this could get them going with a W tomorrow. Of course, I think the Nats series was in the path of destruction on that 25-5 stretch, not the one to get it all going.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
I think Serg found his slider again...

eh, slowly, there were a couple there that they were lucky it wasn't 3-3, but hey, it got the job done.

It's mind numbing as to how poorly this team has played and they're only 4.5 out of first. I know that the longer that is said the later the season gets, but my goodness, they have played some terrible baseball.

With that said, AWESOME job by the pitching staff 2nite.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:29 PM)
sorry but the ineptitude of Pierre, Dunn and Rios needs to be addressed

that game should not have been close

the f***ing bunting and weak infield popups makes it look like 6 pitchers, konerko, Ramirez and Quentin

nice job by santos

not to excuse Dunn for his poor play this year, but with Grabow's splits, at this point Castro or Beckham should have had that AB. Overall, yeah, those guys are struggling mightily. Pierre needs to be DFA'd ASAP, but that bunt 2nite bought him another month or so.

Kudos to Konerko, Morel, Crain and Santos. Typical Buehrle start.

HOPEFULLY Santos has gotten his confidence back. Maybe working his way through those games against the Dodgers and A's will only make him stronger, because he was dominating tonight. Got a little worried he was messing around with Soriano too much, but he got him out.

Still doesn't answer the looming questions about Dunn and Pierre, but we got a much needed win.

4 1/2 behind CLE, and 3 1/2 behind DET. Twins only 2 back of us and winners of 15 of their last 17.

We desperately need to break through the 2-3 games under mark and get back to .500 finally.

Edited by caulfield12

That was rather enjoyable despite all the runners left on base again.

Mark is a pleasure to watch as is Sergio.

Paulie.

And those doubles we hit to left were pretty to see. Not enough of em, but those were nice.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
Didn't see any of the game, but nice to win, and Paulie is killing it. Back to 3 under, I still think we win this division.

but man are the stinking twins hot. Can you believe the production they've gotten from all those AAA replacements?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 01:36 AM)
but man are the stinking twins hot. Can you believe the production they've gotten from all those AAA replacements?

Their offense still hasn't been good, they've been carried by the 2.01 ERA their pitching staff has put up in June. They're hitting .268 with a .716 OPS in June.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 05:50 AM)
Their offense still hasn't been good, they've been carried by the 2.01 ERA their pitching staff has put up in June. They're hitting .268 with a .716 OPS in June.

Actually it has been good, 4th best in the AL in June @ 4.72 rpg.

Like the Sox last year, it's got to cool off...

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
Watch the Sox get to .500 exactly at the half, record 41-41.

(I realize 162 games)

They're now TIED in the loss column and all the twinkies need is 1 "WIN" to be ahead of us.

All I'm saying is they are our biggest concern in the division...

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
They're now TIED in the loss column and all the twinkies need is 1 "WIN" to be ahead of us.

All I'm saying is they are our biggest concern in the division...

As always.