Favorite jerseys in baseball

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
I like the Brewers' retro logo. It's so clever.

BrewersThrowbackLogo.jpg

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
20100605pirates2_500.jpg

I'm a HUGE fan of anything uniform related, mostly caps, but these two jerseys are my favorites by far with the A's yellow alternate a close third. I really liked the Blue Jays retro alternate last season as well.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
I'm a HUGE fan of anything uniform related, mostly caps, but these two jerseys are my favorites by far with the A's yellow alternate a close third. I really liked the Blue Jays retro alternate last season as well.

I'm assuming you're a big New Era Fitted Cap guy then. I have a lengthy collection myself. Just about every Sox fitted I could find that's legit. A couple Pirates ones, WSH, COL, SEA, STL, ATL, and more.

I'm more into hats than any other form of MLB apparel. I just love so many of the logo and color combinations.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 01:13 AM)
I'm assuming you're a big New Era Fitted Cap guy then. I have a lengthy collection myself. Just about every Sox fitted I could find that's legit. A couple Pirates ones, WSH, COL, SEA, STL, ATL, and more.

I'm more into hats than any other form of MLB apparel. I just love so many of the logo and color combinations.

This thread lays out my hat collection (obsession?): http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80696

I've fully transitioned the Sox collection to New Era, except for the 1939-1945 road cap--the one with the red C. (many in my original picture in that thread are made by American Needle).

Any retro, on-field New Era that comes out is a "gotta have" these days. The Angels, Orioles, Padres, Pirates, Dodgers (Brooklyn), and Nationals all have turn back the clock caps out this year that will be coming home with me as soon as I can get my hands on them.

My future wife has laid out the stipulation that I have to visit a team's MLB home stadium if I'm going to purchase a normal cap from the team (retros/special caps don't apply here). That leaves me with Sox, Cubs, Brewers, Tigers, Pirates, and I'll be grabbing the Rockies tomorrow when I'm at Coors.. The list of stadiums for this season also includes Minnesota, St. Louis, and Kansas City.

These umpire caps are really the cream of my crop though.

Sorry for the thread-jack. Back to jerseys.

Edited by ChrisLikesBaseball

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 07:57 AM)
I was thinking uniforms last night. I think its time some team brought back the pullovers.

Pirates pullovers from the 70's are awesome. I'd have no issue with them coming back! They wore them on June 21 vs. the Orioles.

117090965.jpg

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 02:13 AM)

Ive upped my collection to

Angels

A's

Braves

Dodgers

Sox

Mets

Cardinals

Rockies

Astros

Yankees

Tigers

Reds

Im thinking Giants, Rays, Phillies will be next for purchase.. I also want to get some of the Sox minors hats as well

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
Ive upped my collection to

Angels

A's

Braves

Dodgers

Sox

Mets

Cardinals

Rockies

Astros

Yankees

Tigers

Reds

Im thinking Giants, Rays, Phillies will be next for purchase.. I also want to get some of the Sox minors hats as well

I've got a Barons hat. There's a couple Charlotte Knights hats on Lids.com that are sooooooooo sweet.

And DEFINITELY check out hatclub.com if you haven't already. All authentic hats in some insanely awesome color ways. My wishlist on that site is about 30 hats long.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 02:14 AM)
I've got a Barons hat. There's a couple Charlotte Knights hats on Lids.com that are sooooooooo sweet.

And DEFINITELY check out hatclub.com if you haven't already. All authentic hats in some insanely awesome color ways. My wishlist on that site is about 30 hats long.

Problem is I cant order hats offline.. they all fit differently, regardless if they are the same size, and I cant spend $30 on a hat that might be bent up or not fit right when I got it..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:52 AM)
Problem is I cant order hats offline.. they all fit differently, regardless if they are the same size, and I cant spend $30 on a hat that might be bent up or not fit right when I got it..

I have really good experience with caps from ECapcity and Mickey's Place showing up in really nice condition. I do agree about the fit though. Sometimes you've just gotta take a little risk if you want a unique cap though.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:52 AM)

Well, they'll normally run slightly big on me at 7 3/8, so you kinda have to "sweat it in" so to speak, to really get the right fit. That's how I've been with almost all my hats. I wear 7 3/8.