F*** It, Part 2: Electric Boogaloo. Its just the Cubs

Kyyle23

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ calls pitch.

Jake shakes him off to get a different sign.

Jake sees sign of pitch he wants to throw.

Jake throws pitch.

Pitch gets hit.

Ozzie comes to mound.

AJ probably says something to the effect of "That's why you don't shake me off"

Jake & AJ begin to have words, following by Jake pointing at AJ as he leaves the mound.

This is how I feel it happened.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
What ticks me off and it happens ALL the time. Ozzie never has anybody ready when we all know he should.

Handling pitchers is one of the things I won't b**** at Ozzie for... compared to other managers anyway. Ozzie does many other things that piss me off.

I think I got the Peavy/AJ thing, I rewound the half inning a bunch.

When Peavy gives up that last hit, as Soriano scores you can briefly see AJ give the "get him out of here" yanking sign with his right arm and his right pointer finger extended. Then as he walks towards the mound, he's staring into the dugout just waiting, begging for the change. He basically showed Peavy up, and Peavy saw it.

It started before they were both on the mound and Ozzie made the change. Can't really fault Peavy, that's not a good move by a catcher regardless of whether he should be taken out, you just don't do that.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Really Jake? Going to start arguing with your teammate in the dugout like that? How about you earn your damn salary?

^^^

Also, AJ has a 2 run triple today. Without that, Peavy would be lined up for the loss.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Its impossible to tell what happened with Peavy and AJ.

It seemingly came out of nowhere but ended in anger.

Best guess is it had something to do with pitch selection. Right before the homerun I saw Jake shake off AJ and then next pitch, poof. That's my best guess.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)

When Peavy gives up that last hit, as Soriano scores you can briefly see AJ give the "get him out of here" yanking sign with his right arm and his right pointer finger extended. Then as he walks towards the mound, he's staring into the dugout just waiting, begging for the change. He basically showed Peavy up, and Peavy saw it.

It started before they were both on the mound and Ozzie made the change. Can't really fault Peavy, that's not a good move by a catcher regardless of whether he should be taken out, you just don't do that.

AJ is a f***ing b****, and the whole league knows it.

I can't wait til he's f***ing GONE.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
AJ is a f***ing b****, and the whole league knows it.

I can't wait til he's f***ing GONE.

The whole league you're referring to would love to him on their team. You can't wait until he's gone? Well, I can't wait until that waste of f***ing money Peavy is gone.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)

Good catch. My DVR wouldn't go back for some reason. I had the sound off and only looked up to see Peavy point and yelling back at someone and then they went to break.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
The whole league you're referring to would love to him on their team. You can't wait until he's gone? Well, I can't wait until that waste of f***ing money Peavy is gone.

I'm sorry that you think the whole league wants AJ on their team. It's not my fault you believe in things that aren't factual :(

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
I can't understand why AJ is taking so much heat on this board for most likely wanting Ozzie to take that piece of garbage out of the game.

Because AJ sucks at baseball and I'm pretty willing to blame him for anything.