F*** It, Part 2: Electric Boogaloo. Its just the Cubs

Kyyle23

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Depending on if the Sox are still going for it next year, does anyone else feel like adding Fukudome would be a nice pick-up in the offseason? I'd love his .400 OBP as the lead-off hitter.

Ummm...that would be a big no, unless the Cubs are sending $6-7 million back to us.

We already have Viciedo, Rios, Lillibridge, Quentin and Dunn to share at-bats among OF and DH.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
god of thunder

and rock n' roll, will slowly rob you of your virgin sssssssssssssssooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Ummm...that would be a big no, unless the Cubs are sending $6-7 million back to us.

We already have Viciedo, Rios, Lillibridge, Quentin and Dunn to share at-bats among OF and DH.

Why would the Cubs pay for 1/2 if a free agent's next contract?

QUOTE (skidoochic @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
I know you guys are all done complaining about A.J. but I think you are nuts. I was screaming at my TV to pull that idiot Peavy long before A.J. made the sign. Peavy is a huge waste of money. I say trade his butt and send Dunn and Rios with him. Maybe we could get some players worth something and with a little more emotion for the game - like A.J.!!!!

Ummm....in what alternative universe can you trade Jake Peavy, Dunn or Rios?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
Who is paying Fukudome that much as a free agent this year?

He actually will be a very good steal for someone this off-season. After his first year, he has been a solid player for the Cubs each year. He was grossly overpaid for that .800 OPS, but he brings that OPS with very solid defense and that has value in MLB.

Edited by maggsmaggs

I know you guys are all done complaining about A.J. but I think you are nuts. I was screaming at my TV to pull that idiot Peavy long before A.J. made the sign. Peavy is a huge waste of money. I say trade his butt and send Dunn and Rios with him. Maybe we could get some players worth something and with a little more emotion for the game - like A.J.!!!!

Big difference between Joe Fan sitting on his couch yelling, and your catcher showing you up. Doesn't matter if he gave up 10 consecutive HRs, you can't do that.

It's good that you're only the 3rd person who agrees with me (there's a thread for the Peavy/AJ thing, BTW), but nobody is going to take Peavy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
Ummm....in what alternative universe can you trade Jake Peavy, Dunn or Rios?

in the alternate universe where these sox fans live that believe you can just dump any players contract to any team and the trade just happens by clicking your heels together three times

these same fans think you can just eat contracts and release players making 15m a year for the next 4 years

lol

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
He actually will be a very good steal for someone this off-season. After his first year, he has been a solid player for the Cubs each year. He was grossly overpaid for that .800 OPS, but he brings that OPS with very solid defense and that has value in MLB.

So back to my original question, if the Sox are still going for it, would you like him as the lead-off hitter for the Sox? I'd guess that's a yes..?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
Oh, I thought he had one more year to go.

Well...it doesn't even matter, not going to happen.

Don't forget that we have trader Kenny at the helm. There's certainly no guarantee that any of next years likely of's won't be moved. Especially since we have no other real leadoff candidate next year and may have to cut salary.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
in the alternate universe where these sox fans live that believe you can just dump any players contract to any team and the trade just happens by clicking your heels together three times

these same fans think you can just eat contracts and release players making 15m a year for the next 4 years

lol

If that was intended for me, I don't think I ever said they should release Peavy. Well I mean, they should, but it would never happen for financial reasons and KW would never admitt that kind of mistake already. I just think he's a waste of money, and I don't know how anyone could disagree.

Big difference between Joe Fan sitting on his couch yelling, and your catcher showing you up. Doesn't matter if he gave up 10 consecutive HRs, you can't do that.

Really? Peavy is a china doll. I think I am tougher than that wimp and sometimes the truth hurts.