F*** It, Part 2: Electric Boogaloo. Its just the Cubs

Kyyle23

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:59 AM)
Big difference between Joe Fan sitting on his couch yelling, and your catcher showing you up. Doesn't matter if he gave up 10 consecutive HRs, you can't do that.

I'm not watching, and I am not Peavy's biggest fan, but AJP did the same thing to Sergio a few weeks ago.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
So back to my original question, if the Sox are still going for it, would you like him as the lead-off hitter for the Sox? I'd guess that's a yes..?

So you're trading Quentin or Viciedo?

Benching Rios and paying another $6 million, so we'd be committing $18+ million to CF and leadoff?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
So back to my original question, if the Sox are still going for it, would you like him as the lead-off hitter for the Sox? I'd guess that's a yes..?

Yes, absolutely. But we can't afford his contract. He is definitely a solid player, but we can't pay $6 million for an outfielder when presumably he would be replacing an already pricey OF in Pierre.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

Problem is that he's had very inconsistent seasons including major, month long slumps that could kill an offense.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
in the alternate universe where these sox fans live that believe you can just dump any players contract to any team and the trade just happens by clicking your heels together three times

these same fans think you can just eat contracts and release players making 15m a year for the next 4 years

lol

Where is the sarcasm button because I don't seriously believe we could do that, but geez, are you really saying you think these guys are worth their salaries right now? You must be watching different games than I.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Problem is that he's had very inconsistent seasons including major, month long slumps that could kill an offense.

On that note, I agree. Then again, we're all used to it. The Sox preseason #1, #5, and #6 hitters have all had season long slumps.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Who gets more All-Stars: Cubs (Castro, Marshall) or Sox (Santos, Konerko)?

Sox will definitely tie Cubs at worst. Each gets one, but only Sox can get multiple IMO. Humber, Q (if he gets real hot again) could get in but I think Santos' poor June pitched him out of consideration.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
So you're trading Quentin or Viciedo?

Benching Rios and paying another $6 million, so we'd be committing $18+ million to CF and leadoff?

Didn't they offer Quentin a 5yr/$25m contract a few years ago? He could probably get that from someone else, and I'm not sure I'd be content giving him that. If he could land a young arm and/or a bat, so be it.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Sox will definitely tie Cubs at worst. Each gets one, but only Sox can get multiple IMO. Humber, Q (if he gets real hot again) could get in but I think Santos' poor June pitched him out of consideration.

I knew I forgot someone (Humber).

QUOTE (skidoochic @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
I know you guys are all done complaining about A.J. but I think you are nuts. I was screaming at my TV to pull that idiot Peavy long before A.J. made the sign. Peavy is a huge waste of money. I say trade his butt and send Dunn and Rios with him. Maybe we could get some players worth something and with a little more emotion for the game - like A.J.!!!!

Yeah, let's get rid of Dunn!!! He is the devil!! Do you realize he has more home runs, RBI and his OBP is only 9 points less than AJ despite playing probably the worst baseball of his life? Oh right, he has no passion and no track record of success.

QUOTE (skidoochic @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
Where is the sarcasm button because I don't seriously believe we could do that, but geez, are you really saying you think these guys are worth their salaries right now? You must be watching different games than I.

That's kind of the whole point. What other team in MLB would think that player would be WORTH paying aforementioned salary they're clearly not earning?