AJ vs. Peavy thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
What does winning a world series 6 years ago have to do with AJ showing up one of our pitchers?

We don't win the World Series without Crede, Cliff Politte or Neal Cotts. Do you want them on the team too?

Also, AJ doesn't need to show the guy up to get him out of the game. It was obvious to everyone that he ran out of steam. He was coming out regardless.

It may have been obvious that he was going to come out of the game.....but when. Ozzie has a history of leaving pitchers in too long and A.J. was forcing Ozzie to take him out.......NOW! I applaud A.J.

I like Peavys' competitiveness, but you can take that too far and be a detriment your team

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
First of all, everyone is ASSUMING that Peavy was upset at AJ supposedly showing him up. No one knows that for sure.

Second, AJ pulled Peavy into the clubhouse hallway to discuss things out of the view of the camera. That's a great move.

Agreed on both accounts. I wouldn't make too much of this. I don't think the Sox are. Emotions got to them, it got a little heated. Didn't come to fighting, so no big deal. Sox win!!!

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:29 AM)
Ozzie has a history of leaving pitchers in too long and A.J. was forcing Ozzie to take him out.......NOW! I applaud A.J.

I hate Ozzie as much as anyone, but now you're not only showing up your starting pitcher, but your manager as well. That's a no no.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)
First of all, everyone is ASSUMING that Peavy was upset at AJ supposedly showing him up. No one knows that for sure.

Second, AJ pulled Peavy into the clubhouse hallway to discuss things out of the view of the camera. That's a great move.

I was just surfing around and it seems the only place this is being made an issue is here. Others are saying Jake was upset with some of AJ's pitch calls and that AJ handled it well by taking Jake into the clubhouse to discuss it. And both are joking about it when being asked about what happened by reporters.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:28 AM)
Yeah, everyone hates AJ. This is going to linger. Oh wait

Like I said, boys will be boys," Peavy said. "We are going to say stuff to each other at times that may not sit well with the other. Talk through it and get it straight. Like I said, I love A.J. Pierzynski to death. He competes his rear end off and has for many years. He won a World Series here. I would like to do that again with him."

Do the people thinking this is a huge deal ever have arguments with their wife or girlfriend or co-workers? Is any argument always the end of the relationship?

Some people on this board want the team to get in a big brawl to show some guts and life.

This incident shows some life in this lifeless piece of s*** team.

I love it.

Kudos to AJ and Peavy both for being competitors unlike many of the underachievers on this team.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
I was just surfing around and it seems the only place this is being made an issue is here. Others are saying Jake was upset with some of AJ's pitch calls and that AJ handled it well by taking Jake into the clubhouse to discuss it. And both are joking about it when being asked about what happened by reporters.

If Peavy didn't like the numbers AJ was throwing down, he always has the option to shake him off. It is his game.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
@CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini

Peavy & AJ ate together postgame and still couldn't get their "stories" straight. Peavy admitted utter frustration at how his start ended......so it's a safe bet that Peavy kept on his self-disgusted muttering, aimed some at A.J., and A.J. took exception.

LOL! So apparently it had nothing to do with anybody "showing up" anyone else! :lolhitting

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
I hate Ozzie as much as anyone, but now you're not only showing up your starting pitcher, but your manager as well. That's a no no.

It may be an unwritten no no, but it needed to be done and A.J. knew it.

This isn't the first time A.J. has shown up Ozzie. Remember the bean ball war with Texas a few seasons ago. A.J. stared at Ozzie in the dugout begging for someone to stand up to the Rangers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
Some people on this board want the team to get in a big brawl to show some guts and life.

This incident shows some life in this lifeless piece of s*** team.

I love it.

Kudos to AJ and Peavy both for being competitors unlike many of the underachievers on this team.

I agree. It definitiely is two of the Sox better competitors. I think its being made a lot bigger deal than it really is, and even if they did have a huge argument, there's no reason to believe its not OK now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Yeah, everyone hates AJ. This is going to linger. Oh wait

Like I said, boys will be boys," Peavy said. "We are going to say stuff to each other at times that may not sit well with the other. Talk through it and get it straight. Like I said, I love A.J. Pierzynski to death. He competes his rear end off and has for many years. He won a World Series here. I would like to do that again with him."

Do the people thinking this is a huge deal ever have arguments with their wife or girlfriend or co-workers? Is any argument always the end of the relationship?

Somehow I missed your post 'til just now. I guess that setles it - It's a non-issue. /thread

QUOTE (skidoochic @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
I agree! (Although I don't think AJ is a prick.)

Even AJ thinks AJ is a prick. You are clearly wearing rose colored glasses, likely given to you by AJ Pierzynski.

Seems like a non-issue that may be made into an issue at some point in the very near future. I'm not worried about it at all.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)
I have no idea why this took off like it was Zambrano vs Lee or Barrett from years back.

Seriously? This is SoxTalk. And it's a topic regarding Peavy and Pierzynski lol.

It'll be forgotten tomorrow. (people will still push the issue cuz it's an offday, but friday it'll be forgotten) They won't address it publicly because they keep everything in the clubhouse. So what more can be made of it?

As people said emotions, and competitiveness probably got the best of them and cooler heads will prevail.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

AJ won the game with his triple and probably saved the game by letting Ozzie & Coop know that Peavy had nothing left. If they leave Peavy in, the Sox probably lose.

Too bad they didn't listen to AJ in that Oakland game.

Post of the thread.

Coincidence or not, AJ's career win-loss record for teams he is on has to be ridiculously high. He is a jackass many times, but he also is a uber-competitor who wants to win. I happen to like his jackass attitude many times, but it does have the potential to rub many (including his teammates) the wrong way.

EDIT: I calculated his teams' win-loss records for every year he was a starter: 875-746, .540 winning percentage. Only been on a losing team twice (2007/2009 White Sox).

Year Wins Losses

2010 86 76

2009 79 83

2008 89 74

2007 72 90

2006 90 72

2005 99 63

2004 91 71

2003 90 72

2002 94 68

2001 85 77

AJP for Mgr.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
AJP for Mgr.

That, in essence, was what he was doing tonight. I, for one. think that he has a better grasp on the game pf baseball than Ozzie does, and I'm not that much of an Ozzie hater.

Somehow I missed your post 'til just now. I guess that setles it - It's a non-issue. /thread

No it's not. We still have the problem of a p**** pitcher who can't go 6 innings without worrying about muscles falling off his bones, or groins, or whatever, and god forbid - he might have a fit when his catcher calls him out on it when he sucks ass after 5 innings.

What's been solved?

F.

J.

P.

That, in essence, was what he was doing tonight. I, for one. think that he has a better grasp on the game pf baseball than Ozzie does, and I'm not that much of an Ozzie hater.

Of course he does. C trumps SS (especially against one who never could hit - i.e. - stupid bunting/stealing fascination).

Edited by Andrew