AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)
It's too bad the Sox IL schedule this year has been tough. Washington is .500, Arizona is solid, Colorado is tough, and the Dodgers, well yeah they suck but they just took 2/3 from Detroit.

why is it too bad? you want your team to be successful against teams that are better than .500, this is a good test. And already the Sox have taken 2 of 3 from the dodgers(should have swept if not for a 9th inning meltdown) and 2 of 3 from the Dbacks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
why is it too bad? you want your team to be successful against teams that are better than .500, this is a good test. And already the Sox have taken 2 of 3 from the dodgers(should have swept if not for a 9th inning meltdown) and 2 of 3 from the Dbacks.

The above .500 teams haven't been the problem this year. Its been the bad teams that have killed us. I think if we were .500 against the under par teams, we'd be in first place right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
The above .500 teams haven't been the problem this year. Its been the bad teams that have killed us. I think if we were .500 against the under par teams, we'd be in first place right now.

I dont dispute that, I am just disagreeing that it is "too bad" that the Sox are playing some of the better teams

If only Adam Dunn would start f***ing hitting, man. Seems like Rios is starting to somewhat turn a corner, OPS up .46 from 2 weeks ago AVG up .17. AJ is pretty hot right now, PK/CQ/AR do their thing. If Beckham and Dunn would hit this thing would really be rolling.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)

It's not even so much the below 500 teams as it is the division games we've lost. Except for Cleveland we can't seem to beat anybody in our division.

Special thanks goes out to Mike Quade for not pitch hitting Soto for Koye Hill with one out in the 8th. You have an absolute speedster at 3rd, a LF with the arm of an 8-year old boy, why wouldn't you pinch-hit your starting catcher with some power, instead of the backup who is the worst hitter on your team? f*** the lefty/righty matchup. Thanks Mike! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:19 AM)
I fell asleep before the game ended. There was a time that I'd watch the end of a Cubs-Sox game with a bullet in my shoulder...kinda sad.

Always great to take a series from those bums, though.

Yeah....that is sad man. You must not be country strong like your sig.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
It's not even so much the below 500 teams as it is the division games we've lost. Except for Cleveland we can't seem to beat anybody in our division.

I really thought after we won the WS, we'd own this weak division. I thought the Sox understood that's the key to winning pennants.

You couldn't pick better teams to be in the same division with.

Detroit, Cleveland, KC all suck.

Minnie is good but the team has traditionally had a pretty low payroll yet beats the Sox any time, any place.

I've gone to at least 1 cross town game each year at the cell since interleague started. Last night when i was there, i noticed a much smaller amount of cub fans. Anyone else notice this? I also had a lot of fun last night. It was a very good baseball game, great atmosphere and many positives came out of this series. I know many fans hate this series, but i love it! This series usually gives us that nice kick in the ass that we need every year. Now lets get rolling here.