BP CUP PARADE ROUTE PLANNING

southsider2k5

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
You sir, are correct.

I thought it was whoever had the lead the series before they tied won the cup? Because I thought last year the Sox just had to win Game 1 or Game 2 in the second series last year to secure the cup because even the Cubs won the other two, the last team to have a lead was the Sox, and they therefor, won?

I don't know, why they wouldn't break the tiebreaker with point differential is beyond me.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
Why does this remind me of the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality that has pussified sports?

I doubt the players take winning this trophy all that seriously.

And I know for a fact that receiving a participation trophy isn't nearly as fun or good as receiving a first place trophy.

"Under the rules of the newly established BP Crosstown Cup, the two teams will continue to meet in a yearly six-game head-to-head series as they have since 1997. The team with the most wins in the yearly series will be formally awarded the rivalry’s namesake trophy. If the annual series is split 3-3, the BP Crosstown Cup will be awarded to the winner of the series’ last game."

Next weeks series...........the stakes just got a whole lot bigger.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
I doubt the players take winning this trophy all that seriously.

And I know for a fact that receiving a participation trophy isn't nearly as fun or good as receiving a first place trophy.

As I recall, winner of the series takes the cup and also $1 million. Just think if Reinsdoff is willing spend the entire amount directly on the draft...

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 02:53 AM)
I agree, and the BP Cup is laughably worthless to me. The indoor Canadian soccer on ice Cup to me is about as meaningful as a cup that I can get refills in (I never do) at McDonalds.

Worthless? If the Cubs could ever take the season series from the Sox, they would have a reason to build a trophy case.