F*** it III: Sox vs The National. First Pitch 7:10 CT

Kyyle23

That was over fast.

If Ozzie won't bench Pierre, he should be open to bringing up Viciedo to DH for 2 weeks while they're evaluating Dunn and then maybe he can replace Juan in LF if he stays hot and Juan continues on his current "pace."

In positive news, our old friend Wily Mo Pena just put the DBacks ahead 7-6 over DET heading to the bottom of the 8th at 8 MILE.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
I would've called a pitchout on the 0-2 count when Werth stole 2nd.

Of course, that would've only exposed AJ even more when he was safe. So maybe not a good idea.

The sox need to just stop pitching out. It's just making the at bat harder on the pitcher and Aj has just as good a shot at throwing guys out on a normal pitch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 02:24 AM)
Legitimate question: at what point do you bench Dunn? I'm all for letting him work it out if you're not in a pennant race, but since we've climbed back into contention, you can't keep letting him hurt you. Hopefully he'll figure it out in the next few months, but for right now, the big man needs to take a step back and regroup.

I think that is a legit question, but I don't think anyone has the answer. He has sat for a coule days, etc, but nothing works. I know he is frustrated but is his brain so scrambled at this point nothing might work? Maybe the All-Star break will be good for him?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
If Ozzie won't bench Pierre, he should be open to bringing up Viciedo to DH for 2 weeks while they're evaluating Dunn and then maybe he can replace Juan in LF if he stays hot and Juan continues on his current "pace."

That's a great idea.

DL Dunn.

Start Lilli in LF, Viciedo in RF, CQ DH. Float Pierre in there at LF/DH and see how it goes.

I know you have to have baseruuners, but didn't Ozzie say he was kind of shutting down any running game the Sox had because we were running ourselves out of the innings? I mention thatc asue I see the Nats have two SB's. I didn't know Werth was s runner. 10 SB's this year

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
Edwin hit 99 on the radar on that little duck snort.

Sure would be nice to see him consistently pitch like this for the rest of the year.

Edwin doesn't need to overthrow to be effective. In fact that is when he is most while. He is a guy who would be much better at 95 with tons of movement.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
I'm pretty sure it was AA, maybe he'd briefly played in Charlotte but I don't think so.

He never made it past Birmingham before he was traded.

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
Edwin doesn't need to overthrow to be effective. In fact that is when he is most while. He is a guy who would be much better at 95 with tons of movement.

Boras probably told him that teams love 96-98 MPH radar gun readings more.

Hopefully he's turning a corner in this game.....back to what we saw for most of 2010.

But that's been said before, he loses his offspeed pitch and he's back to the 5 innings plus, 115 pitch guy who gives up 3-4 runs.

We seem to be calling for a Dayan Viciedo call up more all the time and complaining about Juan Pierre. But, I have never seen DV in the OF. How is his throwing arm? How many assists does he have at Charlotte? Of course he also swings a bat, which I agree seems to be a challenge for JP.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)

Hes been much more in control today though despite the velocity.