F*** it III: Sox vs The National. First Pitch 7:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
Hes been much more in control today though despite the velocity.

His velocity was much lower during the first few innings. Seemed like he was sitting 94-95 with the heat, and spotting it pretty well. Slider was in the 87-89 range, and he even mixed in the curve a couple of times.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
We seem to be calling for a Dayan Viciedo call up more all the time and complaining about Juan Pierre. But, I have never seen DV in the OF. How is his throwing arm? How many assists does he have at Charlotte? Of course he also swings a bat, which I agree seems to be a challenge for JP.

His arm is a cannon. We saw at least one awesome assist in the spring. I don't know how consistently accurate he is though but he can fire it.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 02:49 AM)
We seem to be calling for a Dayan Viciedo call up more all the time and complaining about Juan Pierre. But, I have never seen DV in the OF. How is his throwing arm? How many assists does he have at Charlotte? Of course he also swings a bat, which I agree seems to be a challenge for JP.

Viciedo is supposed to have a cannon

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Viciedo has a very strong arm.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
His arm is a cannon. We saw at least one awesome assist in the spring. I don't know how consistently accurate he is though but he can fire it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Viciedo is supposed to have a cannon

It is supposed to be in the 75 to 80 range.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
His velocity was much lower during the first few innings. Seemed like he was sitting 94-95 with the heat, and spotting it pretty well. Slider was in the 87-89 range, and he even mixed in the curve a couple of times.

Theres an "ooh 98" somewhere in this thread from inning 2 I think

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)

He might be a total hack in the outfield, but there is no way his arm is even comparable to Juan's wet noodle attached to his abdomen. Viciedo is a converted 3B and he's playing RF for Charlotte. After some of the play's Juan hasn't made in the outfield there is virtually no way whoever you throw out there could be worse. It's impossible.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)

I always compare him to Bobby Bonilla.

Somewhat limited mobility, maybe similar speed to Quentin, but he's known to have surprising athleticism.

Very solid arm, close to "plus" for a RFer and excellent for LF.

Some have compared his to Carlos Lee....which would obviously be a negative, because of the transition from 3B to the OF and their respective sizes.

Routes and reads, I'll defer to someone who's watched him closely at Charlotte.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)

Viciedo has a cannon. Not sure about his fielding, but I hear that he's been improving (he needs reps, and he's been watching his weight)