F*** it III: Sox vs The National. First Pitch 7:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
It still certainly is. It's mental with Beckham. We know he has the talent. He needs to go back to just swinging and not thinking about every little mechanical thing. He's putting a lot of pressure on himself. Luckily he's been able to stay loose in the clubhouse and is still defending well.

I'm starting to think he will forever be a basket case.

Crain faced 2 batters too many in that inning. He should've been pulled when he got the 2nd out, but Ozzie didn't have anybody ready yet in the bullpen

Beyond that, it's unreal how often the pitchers on this team screw the offense over in extra innings. Every damn time we score runs, the pitchers just give it right back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
I have the feeling this game will define the season. This is twice we have rallied, and then twice we have served it up. Can we recover?

worst part is blowing the bullpen

I think we saw why lillibridge is getting limited playing time that at-bat will hang around for a while

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)
Won't happen. Morel's not going down. It will be Beckham being sent down, IMO, if one of the two goes.

not a chance Beckham gets sent down instead of Morel, lol

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)
Crain faced 2 batters too many in that inning. He should've been pulled when he got the 2nd out, but Ozzie didn't have anybody ready yet in the bullpen

Beyond that, it's unreal how often the pitchers on this team screw the offense over in extra innings. Every damn time we score runs, the pitchers just give it right back.

He doesn't have anybody left in the bullpen anyways. Thornton against right handers doesn't exactly inspire me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
Dallas McPherson.

Can he pitch?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
I'm starting to think he will forever be a basket case.

He's not a lost cause...yet.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)

We have exactly one pitcher left.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:21 AM)

This is where the 6 man rotation really hurts. Crain should have been pulled sooner but we don't have the arms so we needed the full inning from him.