F*** it III: Sox vs The National. First Pitch 7:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
His season Obp doesn't reflect at all what he's been doing for the last 1.5 months.

No, it's .260 this past month. About .280 the past 1.5.

He just doesn't walk.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
If Teahen could start hitting better, he would be a nice leadoff candidate with his ability to walk. Granted he doens't defend well enough to play everyday.

I'm sure he could play left fine. Problem is, ozzie won't lead him off or have him play left because he isn't as fast as pierre and they are both left handed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
He started hitting 3 weeks ago, and given our other options...

I just don't want him to think differently because he's hitting in a different spot or something. Rios isn't exactly mentally strong.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:07 AM)
I don't understand why you cut him so much slack while you ride a guy like Edwin all day long.

I certainly don't think that's an accurate description of how I talk about Edwin. I make it a point of complimenting him when he has a good game (like todAy) so that you can't say I never give him credit.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
I just don't want him to think differently because he's hitting in a different spot or something. Rios isn't exactly mentally strong.

Fair enough. But it's time for him to put on his big boy pants.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
I certainly don't think that's an accurate description of how I talk about Edwin. I make it a point of complimenting him when he has a good game (like todAy) so that you can't say I never give him credit.

You're correct. You have been better lately...but an eternal skeptic...:)

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
When was the last time we had a 50-page game thread? For all I know it was last week, but it seems like eons.

It's an extra innings game. This thread would have been over 15 pages ago if it wasn't for Teahen.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)
seriously the game calling from AJ is really questionable today. Why all sliders vs Ramos there, and not throw a couple of heaters just to keep the hitter honest and not sit on a slider .

This is Crain. The slider is what he throws.