PED accusations

Real

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
If konerko hits 50 this year, more talks of this will come. Trying to delete topics about it won't help that. As southsider2k5 said, the blame lies on baseball's poor management of the issue.

No s***, but not assisting in it is good enough for me.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
Next we'll be hearing that 4K of the 16K square feet of his home is a PED laboratory. GMAFB with these baseless rumors.

Next thing you know, Hawk will be telling you Paulie's house in AZ is 12K sq. ft. Not 16k.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
I'll take whatever is making him a triple crown candidate instead, thank you.

Yeah, but add like 30 stolen bases to that.

You got yourself Paul "José Canseco" Konerko

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
If konerko hits 50 this year, more talks of this will come. Trying to delete topics about it won't help that. As southsider2k5 said, the blame lies on baseball's poor management of the issue.

If PK14 suddenly hit 50 this year...yeah, I'd start doubting him too, no matter what else the logic is. He's a 35-40 HR hitter at best and we all know that.

Updated original post

Sorry if people thought I jumped the gun early on this, it wasn't my intention at all. When I tuned in, Spiegal mention paper and Paulie PEDs, sounded like they were talking about an article

Probably one of the worst players to accuse of PED's. Konerko has shown he had a good year after signing a contract extension, and has really improved his swing and stance in alot of areas over the last few years. He'll have a down year in the next year or two and the talk will go back to him being out of shape and over the hill. It looks like the opinion on him only swings to the two extremes.

As people have said repeatedly, nobody is above suspicion.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
its pretty obvious Pena was juicing in texas, that organization seems to be a safe haven for drug use, and not just PEDs...

Peña began juicing in Boston, which is also a haven for drug use. It's turned at least one guy's career around...

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
I'm assuming he's referencing Ortiz, and to my knowledge there's been nothing but rumor associated with him.

Yes, Ortiz. Apparently he failed a drug test back in 2003, according to Google. Other than that, I guess it's just all rumors, but I think it's fairly obvious.

This thread is just another reason why blood testing/storage needs to be a significant part of the next CBA, and the owners need to stick to their guns on this.

It's a farce that MLB would have us believe that the game has been completely cleaned up by the current testing procedures/penalties. Probable reality, however, is that 90% of fans believe this hooey, or don't care, and it's only the hard-core junkies like ourselves that give a damn....

....until the world discovers that a lot of folks are cheating again with stuff that doesn't show up in urine. HGH is only one of many substances available that fit this bill, and the science of cheating will likely always be a step ahead of the testing. Which is why the storage of the blood is such a vital aspect of any program. There will be a palpable fear on the part of the cheater that they will be exposed eventually, and made a pariah, even if they're getting away with it today.

I've made my own speculations, but won't start a thread over it.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
This thread is just another reason why blood testing/storage needs to be a significant part of the next CBA, and the owners need to stick to their guns on this.

It's a farce that MLB would have us believe that the game has been completely cleaned up by the current testing procedures/penalties. Probable reality, however, is that 90% of fans believe this hooey, or don't care, and it's only the hard-core junkies like ourselves that give a damn....

....until the world discovers that a lot of folks are cheating again with stuff that doesn't show up in urine. HGH is only one of many substances available that fit this bill, and the science of cheating will likely always be a step ahead of the testing. Which is why the storage of the blood is such a vital aspect of any program. There will be a palpable fear on the part of the cheater that they will be exposed eventually, and made a pariah, even if they're getting away with it today.

I've made my own speculations, but won't start a thread over it.

I hate your sig because it makes me pine for a location that offers such greatness.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
I'm assuming he's referencing Ortiz, and to my knowledge there's been nothing but rumor associated with him.

I was thinking Ortiz was in the Mitchell Report, but didn't see him listed. I know there was something he was mentioned in a few years back that really got him fired up for the Boston media.