Gamethread: 6/25/2011, 3:10 p.m.; Nationals @ White Sox

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
Id rather have anyone over Dunn (AJP, Vizquel, random fan). Let Dunn try and get going against right handed pitchers, or at least put Dunn in the 9th spot.

AJ won't be playing DH while Castro is in the lineup. Not with only 1 backup C. Castro gets hurt and you lose the DH for the day.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
I understand how the DH works, I just am not starting a guy with 1 hit against lhp. Id do anything else, Im pretty sure even JP is hitting lefties better.

Are we just hoping for random luck that Dunn runs into one?

Yes, Pierre is actually hitting lefties fairly well this year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
I understand how the DH works, I just am not starting a guy with 1 hit against lhp. Id do anything else, Im pretty sure even JP is hitting lefties better.

Are we just hoping for random luck that Dunn runs into one?

I would venture to guess...........yes. Dunn hasn't historically been this bad vs. LHP. Chances are if I had has many reps in the cage as Dunn I could go 1 for 50.He's due. I remember Thome going up against Sabatthia a few years ago, no one giving him a chance since he really struggled previously and he took him deep twice.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
By the way this is Juan's line against LHP this year: .317 .446 .333 .779

This is Adam Dunn's: .020 .186 .020 .207

Yes that is correct, Juan is killing Dunn against lhp this year.

And his only hit was of the scratch hit variety. Its been a struggle.

I know Dunn shouldnt be this bad, but right now hes just really struggling. I dont think hes going to break out of that struggle against lefties, so if it was up to me, Id rather sit Dunn against a lefty and sit Pierre against a righty. Dunn could hit 3 hrs today and prove me wrong, but if Im going to look at stats, I cant ignore just how ridiculously bad hes been.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
Annual complaint emails to Fox TV and MLB about their Saturday blackout rules sent

What are the blackout rules? I was wondering why the Cleveland game was being carried in St. Louis and not the White Sox game.