Gamethread: 6/26/2011, 1:10 p.m.; Nationals @ White Sox

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
a part of guillen's job is to put players in the best position to be successful...he is not doing that

although he will scream from the mountaintops that is exactly what he is doing for Lillibridge and morel.

Maggs, can you call up the postgame show just so we can hear Rongey say "you don't ph for someone with Dunn's pedigree?" I love that line. Sale's looked fantastic today, which is always something that warms my heart.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
Maggs, can you call up the postgame show just so we can hear Rongey say "you don't ph for someone with Dunn's pedigree?" I love that line. Sale's looked fantastic today, which is always something that warms my heart.

I think I'm going to call in from the Philippines and pose that question.

Sucks to see 2 1/2 GB flip to 4 1/2 in the span of about 5 minutes. We absolutely can't let the Tigers get too far in front of us. Their offense has a lot of holes, but Verlander just about looks unbeatable unless he ends up on the DL.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
I'm going to predict we see PH'ers for Teahen and Beckham, but definitely not for Pierre.

Teahen and Pierre will stay in to face Storen because they're lefties. Lillibridge will stay on the bench because he's a righty. Ditto Alexei.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)

Haha, if I was on the road like last Sunday, I definitely would. But alas, I want to put this game out of my mind as soon as it's over.

Why would we ever think they weren't going to start the inning with Storen?

McLaren called that bluff.

You'd rather have Lillibridge versus Storen than Teahen versus LHP Burnett.

I guess. That's the argument. So Alexei will hit next, then Pierre.

Edited by caulfield12