W8-7

Bristol White Sox 5:00 ET

SP: Petricka

Box

L10-3

DSL White Sox

SP: Day Off

Edited by LayelBurton

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
Two more hits for Kuhn.

bring him and Viciedo up and send Pierre and Dunn on their way.

LOL what does send Dunn on his way mean? Big contract in its first year. You have to live with him.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
LOL what does send Dunn on his way mean? Big contract in its first year. You have to live with him.

I'm just dreaming -- and counting the days until Oct. 1, 2014 when Dunn can return to Texas and count all of Jerry Reinsdorf's money.

nothing can be done with him now -- other than to tell him to get himself in shape and send him to an eye doctor.

I didn't like the Dunn move from the moment the rumors began last summer. One-trick pony whose whiffs soared last season.

But even I didn't think he could be this horrendous.

We'd be better off letting Buehrle or Peavy DH.

The Dunn contract is well on its way to becoming one of the Top 10 worst free-agent signings of the last decade.

Off the top of my head, I'm guessing the other contenders would be Mike Hampton, Barry Zito, Kevin Brown ... not sure about position players.

Edited by winninguglyin83

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
100-pitch complete game shutout for Doyle. Heck of a start.

It was outstanding. Terry's an impressive pitcher. He works quick, Mark Buehrle like quick, he attacks hitters, doesn't nibble, trusts his defense and is incredibly composed. He pitches even better with runners on base.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
Two more hits for Kuhn.

bring him and Viciedo up and send Pierre and Dunn on their way.

Is this a serious statement? Just release/DFA Dunn and eat the rest of his contract to bring up a utility guy in Kuhn?

Wow, this is an all-timer

Gotta love those bottom of the 9th wins, especially when the Voyagers pull it off at home. Martin Medina has a great day going 3 for 5 with a double, a run scored, and the game winning RBI. Snodgrass and Bachanov both looked good in relief. Snodgrass went 2 innings striking out 3 with no hits and not runs. Bachanov pitched the final 2-1/3 giving up two hits, walking one, striking one, and giving up no runs.

Seth Loman having solid season with B'ham. Hitting in the .290's with power, pretty much the same stats he had last year at W-S. He's 25 now, obviously improving. Wish they would speed up his progress and send him to AAA. If we don't protect him this off season, we stand to lose him.

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 07:28 AM)
Gotta love those bottom of the 9th wins, especially when the Voyagers pull it off at home. Martin Medina has a great day going 3 for 5 with a double, a run scored, and the game winning RBI. Snodgrass and Bachanov both looked good in relief. Snodgrass went 2 innings striking out 3 with no hits and not runs. Bachanov pitched the final 2-1/3 giving up two hits, walking one, striking one, and giving up no runs.

Love getting GF updates!! Do you go to many games?

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
What has gotten into Axelrod? Sheesh, he's been lights out this year.

He's been showing positive signs for a couple years now. Wasn't considered much of a prospect, old for level, but I've been saying he's a guy to watch for a while now.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Love getting GF updates!! Do you go to many games?

I catch most of the home games and try to hit the road for a couple every year also. So all in all I probably catch about 35-40 games a year. Last few years we have been hosting players for the summer so it's really added a new twist to watching the Voyagers play.

Edited by gfbaseball

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
I catch most of the home games and try to hit the road for a couple every year also. So all in all I probably catch about 35-40 games a year. Last few years we have been hosting players for the summer so it's really added a new twist to watching the Voyagers play.

Nice. Continue to post those updates when you can. I enjoy reading them.