Adam Dunn: The Least Exciting Player Ever

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
Yes, I know this is a scary example, but Steve Sax suddenly forgot how to hit.

Guys finally just lose it.

Wow that first post was pretty nasty Jordan. Swing the bat and hit the ball fatty made me laugh for some reason.

Dunn is a bum but for some reason I feel more sorry for him currently than anger at him.

Watching him bat does sicken me, though.

kanyewest.gif

"greg775 Hates Fat People"

Edited by BigSqwert

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
Please explain to me how the crowd is the root cause of his hitting failures.

I didn't say that...I said that the crowd may be compounding with his difficulties adjusting to being a DH. Again, boo away, you pay for a seat so you do what you want. When I pay for a seat I'll do what I want.

Why not just send him away for three weeks with the hitting coach of his choice? Whoever he feels can help to get him mentally/physically right, so that he can come back in the second half and hopefully contribute. We don't need him @ col or @ cub, and the last two series before the break we could get a look at viciedo for other reasons (pierre).

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Comparing Dunn's .624 OPS to anything Soriano's ever done is an injustice to Soriano.

No one was comparing the two. Alfonso Soriano 2 weeks ago said that Chicago Fans are the worst, hardest fans in baseball on guys who struggle. I pointed that out in reply to a post that said there were worse fans in several cities.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
No one was comparing the two. Alfonso Soriano 2 weeks ago said that Chicago Fans are the worst, hardest fans in baseball on guys who struggle. I pointed that out in reply to a post that said there were worse fans in several cities.

My bad. I misread the meaning behind that post.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
Here's the most hilariously absurd thing: Pierre's just barely ahead of Dunn in OBP despite Dunn having the worst season imaginable (.311 vs. .308)

I can't believe the Sox are 7th among AL teams in OBP. With Pierre, Done, Beckham, Rios and Morel being below league average (the latter three well below leave average), I figured we were 11th or 12th.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
I can't believe the Sox are 7th among AL teams in OBP. With Pierre, Done, Beckham, Rios and Morel being below league average (the latter three well below leave average), I figured we were 11th or 12th.

I thought I heard on the radio that we were 26th in MLB in OBP. That doesn't seem right.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
I thought I heard on the radio that we were 26th in MLB in OBP. That doesn't seem right.

12th overall 7th in AL

Filtering all offensive stats, we are fairly average across the board. This is with several key players hitting jack s***.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
12th overall 7th in AL

Filtering all offensive stats, we are fairly average across the board. This is with several key players hitting jack s***.

What this tells you is how far offense has really gone down over the past few years.

Somehow Adam needs to get to the point "mentally" where every at bat is not some sort of confirmation of failure/success.

On the "physical" side, I for one would love to see him try and go to left/center. I remember this guy hitting for awesome power to left field. Now he seems to be trying to pull everything. His first goal should be CONTACT, because he's whiffing at an extraordinary rate. Leave that bat in the zone longer, start hitting then driving the ball the other way and I truly believe everything will click.

That concludes another edition of "The Ginger Kid's Hitter's Corner," join us next week when we discuss "The Hitch" (aka, Gordon Beckham).

oguillenjr Ozzie Guillen Jr

670 the score please get a clue. Goff thank u

Oneyguillen Oney Guillen

The score is reaching an all time low. With classless host

Bearstien say to my dads face u loser

U dont have a pair say to ozzie and Kw. Looser