Adam Dunn: The Least Exciting Player Ever

LittleHurt05

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Dunn isn’t crushing baseballs now. He’s not even hitting them. His batting average is .173 — the lowest full-season batting average in the last 75 years is Rob Deer’s .179 in 1991.

Hmmm I guess according to Joe Pos's research, the Jordan4Life wasn't guilty of hyperbole in yesterday's game thread like somebody said he was. Jordan only said Dunn was the worst player in 30 years I believe. Maybe it was 50, I forget. Guess it really was 75 years.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
Maybe Paulie can arrange for Dunn to be kidnapped. He can hide him somewhere in his 16K sq ft mansion in Arizona.

This is the best line I've ever read on Soxtalk.

Great stuff.

Dunno about you guys but I'm tired of hearing people in the media, in the Sox FO, on Sox broadcasts...saying they don't know whats wrong with Dunn. My eyes don't lie: His batspeed has gone to SHI*. Some people have said he's gotten fatter too, which I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm sure if a guy like Dunn, who's already not exactly the most athletic guy on the team, puts on more fat lbs., it can't help

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
Dunno about you guys but I'm tired of hearing people in the media, in the Sox FO, on Sox broadcasts...saying they don't know whats wrong with Dunn. My eyes don't lie: His batspeed has gone to SHI*. Some people have said he's gotten fatter too, which I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm sure if a guy like Dunn, who's already not exactly the most athletic guy on the team, puts on more fat lbs., it can't help

Being fat doesn't stop you from hitting the ball hard. All you have to do is watch about 5 minutes of softball in Chicago to know that.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)

If you watch circa 2004 Adam Dunn, this is not a guy you think "he has a quick bat".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
If you watch circa 2004 Adam Dunn, this is not a guy you think "he has a quick bat".

Having a bat that isnt quick isnt the same as having what amounts to a slider speed bat, i'd imagine if his batspeed were the same as previous years he couldnt hit say... 97mph without cheating a bit, he's whiffing on 91-92mph now

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Having a bat that isnt quick isnt the same as having what amounts to a slider speed bat, i'd imagine if his batspeed were the same as previous years he couldnt hit say... 97mph without cheating a bit, he's whiffing on 91-92mph now

He whiffs on everything, pitch speed has nothing to do with it. The guy is in a mental slump, its not weight or offseason plans.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
He whiffs on everything, pitch speed has nothing to do with it. The guy is in a mental slump, its not weight or offseason plans.

Why are you stating this as 100% fact? You're just guessing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
As opposed to his being fat being why he can't hit being a fact? Please.

That's also speculation I'll admit but there have been several people posting in here that have followed him closely, and watched games in Ohio, that noted he is larger this year.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
That's also speculation I'll admit but there have been several people posting in here that have followed him closely, and watched games in Ohio, that noted he is larger this year.

And yet the ST article I posted earlier said the exact opposite.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Why are you stating this as 100% fact? You're just guessing.

No, its a fact. The guy is the same size he's been for the last 3-4 years. He works out in the offseason with the exception of taking flips. Its 100% mental.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
No, its a fact. The guy is the same size he's been for the last 3-4 years. He works out in the offseason with the exception of taking flips. Its 100% mental.

looks bigger to me. And it's more than mental that's making him unable to catch up to fastballs. Unless you think starting his swing too late is only mental.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
looks bigger to me. And it's more than mental that's making him unable to catch up to fastballs. Unless you think starting his swing too late is only mental.

Yup 100% mental. He is completely between and either cheats on the pitch or is not seeing it all the way to the plate. Compound that with your huge contract and fans booing you every time you strike out. He's in f***ing quicksand.

And he's not bigger, he's the same as evidenced by the now several times his pictures have been posted.

I am facing the same thing right now in my golf game and I am not fatter or slimmer than I was a month ago, yet I cannot even make contact with the ball. Mental block. Dunn has the baseball equivalent to the yips.

I am with the group of people who say its all-mental. The good news is, this is probably easier to break out of than physical/conditioning problems. I really think if he were benched for a week, it would do him good. But, I'm not paid millions to make these decisions so..

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
I just went back and looked at pictures of Dunn. His waistline is a good 2-3 inches bigger. I don't know if that's why he's not hitting but he's bigger. Look at his double chins.

So you think that being fat has stopped him from hitting home runs? What about prince fielder? He is fatter and hits just fine. Cabrera is fatter today than 3 years ago.Big Papi... fat. Frank thomas got fatter still hit home runs. I agree with Rock its mental. Quite frankly the only way to find out is to play out the season. What if he hits 20 home runs in the second half. Still fat?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Carlos Pena with another 2 HRs today, making it 16 for the season. Maybe we shouldn't have laughed at that acquisition after all.

I laughed my ass off evidently like a complete assclown.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
I just went back and looked at pictures of Dunn. His waistline is a good 2-3 inches bigger. I don't know if that's why he's not hitting but he's bigger. Look at his double chins.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, ok Celebrity Fit Club. Great analysis.