Rios benched for Lilli

southsider2k5

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
If he is benched for lack of effort, kudos to Ozzie. I just think its most likely something else. Rios didn't look very interested tonight, but you could say that about several White Sox several times over the years with zero consequences.

^^^ this

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
can someone explain what happened? I missed the early part of the game. Rios dropped a fly ball?

Colorado pitcher hit a lazy fly ball to medium deep right center, Rios jogged over in a semi hot dog fashion and dropped it. Next guy went out, no harm. Later in the 13 inning, Lilli dogged it and let Tulo score from first on two out single.

“"We played like (bleep), you go home like (bleep),"” said manager Ozzie Guillen, who pulled center fielder Alex Rios in the bottom of the seventh inning for not running hard. “"What else you guys want to know?"”

“"I don't think we should feel bad because we earned it to lose this game,"” Guillen said. “"We deserved to lose. I think the way we played from the first inning, I don't think we should have won this game at all. We had opportunities. The only thing about this game, we pitched well. Everything else was pretty bad."

"I don't know why those guys hang their heads over there when they played like that. Usually they get dressed and leave right away because I don't think we, for one second, deserved to win this game. The game finished the way it started, very bad. It’s nobody's fault. If they're going to blame anybody, they should blame everyone counting myself.”

As for Rios, "(he) don't run the bases,"” Guillen said. “"That's why I got him out of the game. It's not the (first time) its happened."

"They don't run the bases, they don't want to play or tired or hurt, that reputation comes with me and I have a great reputation in this (bleeping) game to do (the right) way," Guillen said. "They don't run the bases, they're out of the game. I don't give a (bleep) if it’s (Paul) Konerko or Adam Dunn or anyone."

"If you don't play the game right, you're out of the game."

chicagotribune.com/sports (Mark Gonzales)

THis should draw some amusing and somewhat hyperbolic commentary.

Edited by caulfield12

As for Rios, “(he) don’t run the bases,” Guillen said. “That’s why I got him out of the game. It’s not the (first time) it’s happened.”

Rios was 0-for-3 and dropped a fly for an error in the fifth.

"They don’t run the bases, they don’t want to play or tired or hurt, that reputation comes with me and I have a great reputation in this (bleeping) game to do (the right) way," Guillen said. "They don’t run the bases, they’re out of the game. I don’t give a (bleep) if it’s (Paul) Konerko or Adam Dunn or anyone.

"If you don’t play the game right, you’re out of the game.”

So it's official. Rios is pulling this s*** in Chicago now.

This will not bode well. Alex Rios, you do not loaf in Chicago getting paid the kind of jack you are getting paid. White Sox fans, sir, will run you out of town. True Southsiders EARN their paychecks and the Sox core 20,000 fans are hard working SOUTHSIDERS!!

Ozzie said it's not the first time it's happened.

So Alex Rios is dogging it and loafing for a paycheck. Great.

Get rid of the bum, no hyperbole here. There are facts now to support these type of simple statements!!!!!

The alarming part of this is guys don't pull this s*** on teams that have a good clubhouse and a chance to win anything. He's pulling it and his teammates are letting him get away with it. This does not bode well for our clubhouse and our desire to win. If Paulie, Quentin, AJ, even Mark Buehrle, et. all aren't reading Rios the riot act over his behavior, it certainly explains our lack of passion in winning close baseball games.

MY GOSH THIS RIOS STORY PISSES ME OFF!! Lack of effort for his paycheck is appalling to me.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
So it's official. Rios is pulling this s*** in Chicago now.

This will not bode well. Alex Rios, you do not loaf in Chicago getting paid the kind of jack you are getting paid. White Sox fans, sir, will run you out of town. True Southsiders EARN their paychecks and the Sox core 20,000 fans are hard working SOUTHSIDERS!!

Ozzie said it's not the first time it's happened.

So Alex Rios is dogging it and loafing for a paycheck. Great.

Get rid of the bum, no hyperbole here. There are facts now to support these type of simple statements!!!!!

The alarming part of this is guys don't pull this s*** on teams that have a good clubhouse and a chance to win anything. He's pulling it and his teammates are letting him get away with it. This does not bode well for our clubhouse and our desire to win. If Paulie, Quentin, AJ, even Mark Buehrle, et. all aren't reading Rios the riot act over his behavior, it certainly explains our lack of passion in winning close baseball games.

MY GOSH THIS RIOS STORY PISSES ME OFF!! Lack of effort for his paycheck is appalling to me.

Really. This is your final straw. Get a grip. And stop with the absolutes. You must of missed Rios the Toronto Blue Jay if this is the first time you have seen this before. Oh the outrage, the humanity.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 01:04 AM)
Someone made the mistake of giving this guy a nice contract based on potential instead of what's on the field. Maybe the scouts were wrong.

Talent is there. That is without question. Will, maybe not so much.

Now here is the riddle. Who is more in error. The man who gives him the contract, or the man who assumes it knowing this is lurking in the background.