White Sox vs Rockies First Pitch 2:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
How can you continue to defend Ozzie? I mean really.

no, i think he has managed poorly this year. the lineup he put out today is inexcusable and bringing bruney in the other day against morse, etc. but kw screwed up in terms of rios and dunn. i cant fault ozzie for them under performing(especially considering he didnt want dunn/dh)

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
Comparing career OPS is sort of useless when our players have obviously regressed...we bought high and are stuck with them.

How many players do we really have that are in their prime?

Quentin and Ramirez.

Beckham, god knows what you have with him, but it's not like Ozzie and Walker can make a great baseball player so bad or below average for so long, anymore than they gave the Fountain of Youth drink to Konerko.

Rios? That's on Walker and Ozzie? Really?

And Morel's a rookie, what could have realistically been expected from him, especially vis a vis the majority of Sox hitting prospects for a decade?

Every damn season since '05 we see this team come from spring training woefully unprepared. They can't hit the first month of the season. They can't defend the first month of the season. They can't bunt the first month of the season. They can't run the bases right the first month of the season.

Is KW in charge of spring training?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
1 run off Cook does Sox brass realize how pathectic this is in Colorado no less.

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap. Unfortunately for this team, they have to tip their cap 5 or 6 times each week.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
Dammit J4L. Looks like my work won't allow the podcast to load. Will have to remember to check it out at home.

Basically he goes off on KW for taking on 100+ million dollars in Peavy and Rios in the next 3+ years when nobody else wanted to touch either player. Also said that taking on Dunn for 4 years and nearly $60 million was frowned upon by the majority of baseball executives. Check it out when you get home.

At some point when a team doesnt seem to "hit on all cylinders" year after year, you have to change the coaches. Even if Ozzie isnt the problem, you have to do something. Firing KW isnt going to make the players play better. And KW is also the guy who put together the pitching staff (which has been doing well), so at this point I think you fire the coaching staff (maybe keep Coop) and move on.

As long as its not Terry Bevington, it cant be worse id imagine.