White Sox vs Rockies First Pitch 2:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Arguing the contract is one thing, but it didnt handicap them from spending this year and it's not KW's fault if Ozzie overuses him.

I don't even think Ozzie overuses him. He's used him pretty good this year. Problem is he's a non-contributor on this roster that can't be released due to still having about 7.5 million dollars left on his deal.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
He was extended to be in a utility role. Screaming about bench signings is kind of ridiculous. Pierre? Obviously. Rios? He is losing that gamble. But to complain about the bench is a bit much. I'd love to see KW put together a couple teams with a more competent manager before I vilify him as well.

That's even dumber.

Why would you give someone $4-5 million per year to sit on the bench??? Basically, that's the same as Juan I Can Never Be Benched Pierre is making.

I just can't buy that the idea of the extension was to make him the 25th man on the roster.

That position is for guys like Vizquel or Lillibridge that you pay maybe $2-3 million combined.

We're not the Yankees that we can pay bench players $15 million plus.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
I don't even think Ozzie overuses him. He's used him pretty good this year. Problem is he's a non-contributor on this roster that can't be released due to still having about 7.5 million dollars left on his deal.

Yes, he's getting paid too much for his role, but the initial complaint was over KW because of this lineup. That's what I was getting at. If we were the A's trying to compete with a bench player making that much that's one thing, but we're not. I'm not saying it was a good contract, but it doesn't suffocate the team either. Backups are going to get starts. The fact that all of ours seemingly are right now is not KW's fault.

About to say at least the pitcher's not leading off and then remembered it was Pierre, Oldmar and Dunn.

How can you blame Walker for this team not hitting?

Harry Houdini couldn't do anything with these guys. Maybe that explains the dearth of "Fire Walker" threads or even Dick Allen's willingness to argue on his behalf.

Feels like the mid to late 80's White Sox offense....playing in Old Comiskey. Brutal.

Edited by caulfield12