White Sox vs Rockies First Pitch 2:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
So it's KW's fault that only 2 players in this lineup have an OPS over .635? Really?

Peavy is the only player in this lineup with a career OPS under .635

Only Vizquel has a career OPS lower than .700

Outside of Vizquel, Pierre and Beckham, everyone in this lineup has a career OPS higher than .730

And yet here we are in 2011 with a starting lineup performing this poorly....and you blame KW? How about we blame the guy in charge of making these guys perform up to their potential? It sure as hell isn't the GM. The GM's job is to create a roster that is strong on paper, and KW has done that...even today's lineup, based on career OPS, is not that bad of a lineup.

Comparing career OPS is sort of useless when our players have obviously regressed...we bought high and are stuck with them.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
So it's KW's fault that only 2 players in this lineup have an OPS over .635? Really?

Outside of Vizquel, Pierre and Beckham, everyone in this lineup has a career OPS higher than .730

And yet here we are in 2011 with a starting lineup performing this poorly....and you blame KW? How about we blame the guy in charge of making these guys perform up to their potential? It sure as hell isn't the GM. The GM's job is to create a roster that is strong on paper, and KW has done that...even today's lineup, based on career OPS, is not that bad of a lineup.

No, its not his fault he signed Dunn, in fact pretty much 95 percent of baseball people loved the move for us.

The truth is, he is in one of the worst slumps I've seen this side of Paul Konerko.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
Nope, swing yips, literally couldnt make contact with the ball. Went out to the range the next day, 200 balls, nothing further than 100 yards, HUGE chucks of grass.

Took 4 days and about 1000 balls but I broke it down, simplified, and BANG, out of it.

talk about a game that will screw with your mind and happiness. those breakthroughs feel good, huh

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
They have now taken us to July 1 with "it will get better." It's not and it won't.

Hawk acts like there is a magic switch there is none Hawk. This is the 2011 White Sox and it gets no better.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
Southwest Airlines should shoot a "Wanna Get Away?" commercial with Dunn. It'd be pretty funny.

That would be awesome. Only, if the money he made doing the commercial went to payback Sox fans. THey should do one with Hendry and Dunn for the Cubs/Sox series.

Edited by chiguy79

I have way more tolerance for KW because when you look at the pieces they should work.

My biggest complaint about KW is that if hes the GM, he needs to demand Ozzie be fired. His opinion has to be that he gave Ozzie the keys to the car and Ozzie smashed the s*** out of it.

I really believe that with a normal manager the Sox are above 500 playing much better.

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
Comparing career OPS is sort of useless when our players have obviously regressed...we bought high and are stuck with them.

Exactly my point....they regress when they get here. So what causes them to regress, KW acquiring them or OG and Walk coaching them? I've never seen an acquisition cause a player to slump, but I have seen coaching cause a player to slump.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
talk about a game that will screw with your mind and happiness. those breakthroughs feel good, huh

Yes. I quit after 12 holes in my last round it got so bad, lost 15 balls and couldnt even hit an iron off a tee. It was f***ing unreal, and its happened before, the last time I threw out my entire set of clubs to start over. This time I got some advice on how to break the swing back down to simplify it and then build it back up and its worked so far (120 balls today).

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)

oh so its ozzies fault dunn sucks because he cant motivate him? please.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
Exactly my point....they regress when they get here. So what causes them to regress, KW acquiring them or OG and Walk coaching them? I've never seen an acquisition cause a player to slump, but I have seen coaching cause a player to slump.

I can think of switching league/switching team acquisitions that suddenly made guys slump. Happens in NYC all the time it seems.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
I have way more tolerance for KW because when you look at the pieces they should work.

My biggest complaint about KW is that if hes the GM, he needs to demand Ozzie be fired. His opinion has to be that he gave Ozzie the keys to the car and Ozzie smashed the s*** out of it.

I really believe that with a normal manager the Sox are above 500 playing much better.

If its the general consensus that this team has underachieved several years over his tenure, than why havent you fired him yet? If you continue to say in the press that the team "isnt hitting on all cylinders" at what point do you fire the guy in charge of said players?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
How can you bench your three best hitters today?

AJ, Paulie, and Q riding the pine - ummmm...

Ok Ozzie - You make de focking lineups.

Honestly, maybe Ozzie doesn't WANT this job anymore. I mean, this is just nuts. He clearly can't care too much about his job to rock this lineup today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
I can think of switching league/switching team acquisitions that suddenly made guys slump. Happens in NYC all the time it seems.

Who's the last guy to slump as bad as Dunn has for half a season?