White Sox vs Rockies First Pitch 2:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
It's not just the 4 days rest, but it's the fact that he's ending up throwing a ton of game pitches in an 8 day period coming off of the DL. If this was Buehrle, that's one thing. But this is someone that seems to struggle keeping their stuff for a week or so after a high pitch count game.

I know you said this before the game started, so I'm not implying you're doing this in hindsight, but it's normal rest coming off what 60 pitches? I'm sorry, if Peavy can't handle that he shouldn't be pitching. I just don't believe this was a bad move. Unfortunately it's started off poorly, but even if continues this way I'm not going to blame it on starting "too soon".

Was reading that Verlander has a 0.72 ERA in his last 7 starts. That doesn't even include the no-hitter against the Blue Jays.

10+ K's (including 14) in 3 consecutive games.

The Mets had scored something like 56 runs in the 4 games coming into the match-up, so you're not going to get a hotter line-up against him.

Laughing at the Rockies' radio team saying "Beckham had a fine year in 2010." .252, 9, 49. I guess that's what we're left to expect now.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
We're talking Peavy, though. Not Verlander. I don't like Peavy pitching in Coors. And any extra rest you can afford to give him works for me.

Who would have been bumped up? I'd rather Peavy starting in Coors over Humber or Floyd as he's more apt to miss bats.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
I know you said this before the game started, so I'm not implying you're doing this in hindsight, but it's normal rest coming off what 60 pitches? I'm sorry, if Peavy can't handle that he shouldn't be pitching. I just don't believe this was a bad move. Unfortunately it's started off poorly, but even if continues this way I'm not going to blame it on starting "too soon".

That's the thing, maybe he just can't handle this workload. That Indians gem he threw a few months ago seemed to impact his velocity for his next few starts.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)

I agree with you. I don't get the problem with Jake on his normal rest.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
That's the thing, maybe he just can't handle this workload. That Indians gem he threw a few months ago seemed to impact his velocity for his next few starts.

I guess we'll see then after this start what happens. I'm hoping for the best but I could see what you're worried about playing out too unfortunately.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
I guess we'll see then after this start what happens. I'm hoping for the best but I could see what you're worried about playing out too unfortunately.

Just seems like it would have been a good time to push him back a day, keep Jackson on 5 days rest, and have Peavy go up against a Cubs lineup that he even said he matches up better again. Oh well, we just need him to stay healthy the rest of the way, and in the long run, it's doubtful this game will impact his health that much.