THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
I like Omar, but I wish he would retire.

But can Lilli play IF again after working on mainly OF?

He can play 2b, and you would never replace Morel at 3rd, but Lilli or Teahen can play that in a pinch.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
Today was a classic one bad pitch that the player really really earned. Like a 12 pitch at bat earned a long tulo HR.

I was about to post a similar comment. Despite the 4 runs, I thought Peavy had a great start. He just had one tough battle with one of the best hitters in the league and Tulo got the best of him. It happens, and he only gave up one run after that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
I was about to post a similar comment. Despite the 4 runs, I thought Peavy had a great start. He just had one tough battle with one of the best hitters in the league and Tulo got the best of him. It happens, and he only gave up one run after that.

Really? I actually that Peavy was pretty bad out there. One great thing about Peavy is his ability to battle through a game without having his stuff, which was clearly evident today. Fastball lacked velocity today as he sat around 88-91 mph. Alot of off speed pitches used to offset the ineffectiveness of the heater. Don't know why he was trying to put Tulo away using his 91 mph fastball rather than his slider. Not the worst start by any means but could have been worse with the garbage he had today.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)
Nice to see Pierre and Beckham do so well. I refused to watch the game because of that godawful (on paper) lineup Oz threw together today. Though I did get back to a TV in time to watch Juan's blast off the fence. I was a little worried when Beckham almost got thrown out at the plate since that bomb kicked off the scoreboard perfectly to the right fielder.

Great pitching again aside from the one bad inning.

As far as Rios ... he is who he is. He's 0 for his last 11 after his hot streak in which he was 12 for 28 over seven games. is he hot or not? O for 11 is not good. 12 for 28 is good. His on base percentage for the season is .269; .593 OPS

He had a hit today, a walk, and hit a few other balls hard.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Really? I actually that Peavy was pretty bad out there. One great thing about Peavy is his ability to battle through a game without having his stuff, which was clearly evident today. Fastball lacked velocity today as he sat around 88-91 mph. Alot of off speed pitches used to offset the ineffectiveness of the heater. Don't know why he was trying to put Tulo away using his 91 mph fastball rather than his slider. Not the worst start by any means but could have been worse with the garbage he had today.

I was at work, so I didn't actually watch it. I was more commenting on the performance, not the actual pitches he threw. He has historically struggled at Coors Field, and other than the 12-pitch at-bat to Tulo, he survived and kept him team in it. I wasn't saying he had his best stuff, I just thought he had a solid start all things considered.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Nice to see Pierre and Beckham do so well. I refused to watch the game because of that godawful (on paper) lineup Oz threw together today. Though I did get back to a TV in time to watch Juan's blast off the fence. I was a little worried when Beckham almost got thrown out at the plate since that bomb kicked off the scoreboard perfectly to the right fielder.

Great pitching again aside from the one bad inning.

As far as Rios ... he is who he is. He's 0 for his last 11 after his hot streak in which he was 12 for 28 over seven games. is he hot or not? O for 11 is not good. 12 for 28 is good. His on base percentage for the season is .269; .593 OPS

0 for his last 11? He had a walk and a base hit today.

EDIT: Oops, someone beat me to that.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 03:18 AM)
He had a hit today, a walk, and hit a few other balls hard.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 03:24 AM)
0 for his last 11? He had a walk and a base hit today.

EDIT: Oops, someone beat me to that.

For some reason I thought he was benched today.

how does this happen....

"We battled as a team," Peavy said after surviving a three-run home run by Troy Tulowitzki in the first inning and leaving with a 4-1 deficit. "I didn't think we came out with a lot of intensity early. We've got to start playing hard and laying it on the line from pitch 1."

"Especially when it started off so bad," Pierre said. "It looked like we had no energy, like we were down for the count in the first inning. So it was good to steal a win from these guys and get the series."