How Will Dayan progress in his MLB career?

chisoxfan09

Dayan Viciedo Player Projection Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What player will Dayan most resemble?

• Albert Pujols (Great Plate Discipline, great clubhouse guy, great work ethic, 40-50 HR´s, 120+ RBI´s, .400+ OBP, No Off field issues)
    • Miguel Cabrera (Excellent Plate Discipline, so so clubhouse guy, questionable work ethic, 40+ HR´s, 100+ RBI´s, .380+ OBP, decent glove defensively, Off fields issues)
    • Adrian Gonzalez (Excellent Plate Discipline, excellent work ethic, excellent club house guy, 30-40 HR´s, 100 RBI´s, .390+ OBP, excellent defender, No Off filed issues)
    • None of the Above, You are way off!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as prime standpoint Carlos Lee (with more average/little more power) is a great comparison for him. Vlad Guerrero (with less walks/speed) is a good one also. The only player/prospect we got that even sniffs Miguel Cabrera's jock strap in this system is Trayce Thompson and thats if everything in the book goes right for him. Pujols is in a league of his own.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Viciedo will hit for a much higher average. He hits too many line drives not to.

I think you're right. I just think (well at least me, anyway), that too much is going to be expected of him from the get go. He'd be an obvious upgrade over bums like Pierre and Dunn. But this offense has too many liabilities for one man to override.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
As far as prime standpoint Carlos Lee (with more average/little more power) is a great comparison for him. Vlad Guerrero (with less walks/speed) is a good one also. The only player/prospect we got that even sniffs Miguel Cabrera's jock strap in this system is Trayce Thompson and thats if everything in the book goes right for him. Pujols is in a league of his own.

Well, to be fair, I'm not sure Albert Pujols sniffed Albert Pujols' jockstrap either...

Don't project the kid so high. He has no glove and he has had a shot or two at the majors already. I hope he works out well,but Pujols, Cabrerra,Gonzales? Just as possible he is Rob Deer, Or ( heaven forbid ) Adam Dunn. Let him progress. He could be A Carlos Lee.

Edited by since56

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 09:04 AM)
If we get Carlos Lee out of Viciedo, that is a huge win for the Sox. I hope people realize that. I also hope the expectations haven't gotten to ridiculous for Dayan. Seeing posts like this is just setting up people for being pissed off.

I can help with the ridiculous expectations; how about a right handed Dan Pasqua. Pasqua had a good arm , lot of power.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 06:24 AM)
Don't project the kid so high. He has no glove and he has had a shot or two at the majors already. I hope he works out well,but Pujols, Cabrerra,Gonzales? Just as possible he is Rob Deer, Or ( heaven forbid ) Adam Dunn. Let him progress. He could be A Carlos Lee.

You should follow our prospects more closely. He has only succeeded in his only shot at the majors.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
I think you're right. I just think (well at least me, anyway), that too much is going to be expected of him from the get go. He'd be an obvious upgrade over bums like Pierre and Dunn. But this offense has too many liabilities for one man to override.

I fundamentally disagree with this mentality, sorry. Of course, one guy can't plug 4-5 black holes in a lineup, but incrementally, one player CAN make the difference between a few close losses and a few close wins. This division figures to be CLOSE, and those few games may well make the difference.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
Exactly. That's why De Aza is more help right now. He has a lot more experience and is hitting about as well and other facets of the game are better. I didn't say that De Aza's career would be better.

He's on his fourth year at AAA, he's less likely to succeed against a totally new group of pitchers.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)
I fundamentally disagree with this mentality, sorry. Of course, one guy can't plug 4-5 black holes in a lineup, but incrementally, one player CAN make the difference between a few close losses and a few close wins. This division figures to be CLOSE, and those few games may well make the difference.

This I agree with.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)

Rongey tried to sell the point that one player wouldn't make a difference. Really Chris? What was his reaction when the Sox signed Adam Dunn? I doubt its only one player he really can't make a difference.

People who think one player won't make a difference need to ask themselves if the Sox would be any better off now if Adam Dunn were producing at his normal clip. If the answer is yes or probably, its proof one hitter can make a difference.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
Rongey tried to sell the point that one player wouldn't make a difference. Really Chris? What was his reaction when the Sox signed Adam Dunn? I doubt its only one player he really can't make a difference.

People who think one player won't make a difference need to ask themselves if the Sox would be any better off now if Adam Dunn were producing at his normal clip. If the answer is yes or probably, its proof one hitter can make a difference.

There are more variables than just Dunn. Last year 2/5 of the starting pitchers were the worst in the league for about 2 months.