How Will Dayan progress in his MLB career?

chisoxfan09

Dayan Viciedo Player Projection Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What player will Dayan most resemble?

• Albert Pujols (Great Plate Discipline, great clubhouse guy, great work ethic, 40-50 HR´s, 120+ RBI´s, .400+ OBP, No Off field issues)
    • Miguel Cabrera (Excellent Plate Discipline, so so clubhouse guy, questionable work ethic, 40+ HR´s, 100+ RBI´s, .380+ OBP, decent glove defensively, Off fields issues)
    • Adrian Gonzalez (Excellent Plate Discipline, excellent work ethic, excellent club house guy, 30-40 HR´s, 100 RBI´s, .390+ OBP, excellent defender, No Off filed issues)
    • None of the Above, You are way off!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why the last option has gotten the most votes! I don't see him being any of those guys, but I would hope he at least doesn't have the off field issues. Because then his on field success will mean less. I don't know who I would compare him to, but stealing from others' posts, I would agree with a (hopefully) healthy Quentin or Carlos Lee. If he could hit 30 HRs and drive in 100+, but his OBP will be low until he has better plate discipline.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 05:12 AM)
He didn't succeed enough to stick now did he?

He never had a chance - it was just the proverbial "cup of coffee", the team getting a look at him vs. big league pitching.

He hit .308 with an .840 OPS. Not exactly fail.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
Pasqua struck out way too much for the comparison to hold merit.

Viciedo figures to hit in the .270-.315 range.

Pasqua was pretty much all or nothing.

I disagree .260 to about .285 tops I think Carlos lee is the best comparison. I just hope he isn't that dumb on the base paths

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)
He never had a chance - it was just the proverbial "cup of coffee", the team getting a look at him vs. big league pitching.

He hit .308 with an .840 OPS. Not exactly fail.

With all due respect to you I would have to say it was a fail. He did not stick because he could not field the ball, and he had too little plate discipline. Both are necessary in baseball. Did any of the players he is compared to at the top of this string ever succeed by getting sent down after breaking in?

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:08 AM)
With all due respect to you I would have to say it was a fail. He did not stick because he could not field the ball, and he had too little plate discipline. Both are necessary in baseball. Did any of the players he is compared to at the top of this string ever succeed by getting sent down after breaking in?

It was a failure on the part of KW and the White Sox to project him at 3B from the time of his signing.

This has little or nothing to do with his current ability to be a DH or a corner outfielder.

Cabrera was a complete disaster defensively at 3B too, but the Marlins needed his bat too much to send him back down, even at age 19 or 20.

Whereas the White Sox don't need his offense, apparently, as they're just fine without him. Or so some would have you believe.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
It was a failure on the part of KW and the White Sox to project him at 3B from the time of his signing.

This has little or nothing to do with his current ability to be a DH or a corner outfielder.

Cabrera was a complete disaster defensively at 3B too, but the Marlins needed his bat too much to send him back down, even at age 19 or 20.

Whereas the White Sox don't need his offense, apparently, as they're just fine without him. Or so some would have you believe.

This is so mind-numbingly stupid on the part of our management. I am appalled that someone hasn't been fired yet.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)

He certainly did not fail last year when he was up with the Sox.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)

He is a complete disaster at 1b too!