Some truth to unpatriotic liberals?

The Sir

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
That's not what I'm getting at... I'm saying you're going about this the wrong way. You come in guns blazing and attacking someone's ideology and belief system right from jump, and demanding they explain how and why they are not seditious parasites who are destroying America and you can't be surprised when you either get nothing or you get resistance/hostility. The reaction is the same as the one you give when someone does it to you. Took me a while to figure this out, myself. I have to pick and choose how I respond to things and when, otherwise it burns a lot of my energy that I'd rather spend playing with my son, screwing around on Xbox, jacking off, etc.

Ohhhh. So instead of hating on liberals, I should be masturbating? Might not be a bad idea.

But on a serious note, guns blazing is just my style. I figured I was offering my side of the argument when I wrote up that list this morning, and that people could defend the left's attitudes from there. If that's not a good way to do things, I honestly couldn't tell you what a good way is. Isn't this how any argument goes? One side posts their stuff and whoever disagrees defends themselves? If someone posted a thread about racist conservatives, I'd jump in and say why it wasn't so. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
Ohhhh. So instead of hating on liberals, I should be masturbating? Might not be a bad idea.

But on a serious note, guns blazing is just my style. I figured I was offering my side of the argument when I wrote up that list this morning, and that people could defend the left's attitudes from there. If that's not a good way to do things, I honestly couldn't tell you what a good way is. Isn't this how any argument goes? One side posts their stuff and whoever disagrees defends themselves? If someone posted a thread about racist conservatives, I'd jump in and say why it wasn't so. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

The only solution is obviously conformity

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)

It doesn't have to be an argument, it can be a discussion where both sides actually listen to what the other side says, rather than thinking about what they're going to respond with when reading the other persons points/points of contention.

Arguments never solve anything because neither side really listens to the other...

That's the problem with a total guns blazing attitude...it immediately skips the discussion phase and goes right into the argument phase...and nothing gets solved. I'm guilty of it too, but I realize that's what it causes at the same time. :D

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:10 PM)

I mean directness and all, yeah. That's me too. I don't know, I guess it's really hard for me to verbalize to other people (everyone else in here knows each other and they are who they are and won't change).

I guess what I'm saying is if I made up a similar list about conservatives that sounded really hostile to you (which does and will happen on this board), and said you'd have to justify it, you'd probably roll your eyes and be like "not this s*** again, he has no idea what he's talking about." I'm personally more like "this is what I understand you to believe and this is why I think you're wrong." I don't actually expect you to agree with me but I try to be heard.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
The only solution is obviously conformity

Why has this taken so long for you to figure out? Tens of thousands of keystrokes wasted!

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
It doesn't have to be an argument, it can be a discussion where both sides actually listen to what the other side says, rather than thinking about what they're going to respond with when reading the other persons points/points of contention.

Arguments never solve anything because neither side really listens to the other...

That's the problem with a total guns blazing attitude...it immediately skips the discussion phase and goes right into the argument phase...and nothing gets solved. I'm guilty of it too, but I realize that's what it causes at the same time. :D

Dude. Get out of my head and go back to being a bats*** crazy conspiracy theorist

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
I mean directness and all, yeah. That's me too. I don't know, I guess it's really hard for me to verbalize to other people (everyone else in here knows each other and they are who they are and won't change).

I guess what I'm saying is if I made up a similar list about conservatives that sounded really hostile to you (which does and will happen on this board), and said you'd have to justify it, you'd probably roll your eyes and be like "not this s*** again, he has no idea what he's talking about." I'm personally more like "this is what I understand you to believe and this is why I think you're wrong." I don't actually expect you to agree with me but I try to be heard.

It is a daily event in here.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Dude. Get out of my head and go back to being a bats*** crazy conspiracy theorist

9/11 was an inside job.

Obama's not an American.

Is that better?!

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
9/11 was an inside job.

Obama's not an American.

Is that better?!

Bush who wasn't smart enough to plant WMDs in Iraq somehow controlled the world oil market was a personal favorite.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)

I know what you mean and I don't know what you mean. Most know me to have a rather abrasive personality, so I'll have to work on this whole cordial discussion thing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
Bush who wasn't smart enough to plant WMDs in Iraq somehow controlled the world oil market was a personal favorite.

Or just the idea that Bush was supposedly a moron, but was somehow able to pull off the greatest inside job terrorist attack in history. Oh, and then the government did all this stuff to set up 9/11 to look like the work of Islamic whackos, paying people off and sneaking hundreds of tonnes of explosives into the WTC and so on and so on, and yet, guys like Loose Change creator Dylan Avery somehow survived to release their silly theories. The government's gonna do all this plotting and not preemptively wipe out the whistleblower? Suuuure.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
Or just the idea that Bush was supposedly a moron, but was somehow able to pull off the greatest inside job terrorist attack in history. Oh, and then the government did all this stuff to set up 9/11 to look like the work of Islamic whackos, paying people off and sneaking hundreds of tonnes of explosives into the WTC and so on and so on, and yet, guys like Loose Change creator Dylan Avery somehow survived to release their silly theories. The government's gonna do all this plotting and not preemptively wipe out the whistleblower? Suuuure.

And somehow no one connected has talked about it. Ever.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
The gov't is just flat-out not coordinated/competent enough to pull some s*** off like that. All those moving parts moving at the same time? No. Just no.

This is a big reason I'm conservative. I grew up in a military family, I'm in the military...I heard my parents b**** about those government types all my life and now I'm witnessing it myself. The government is full of morons, and it does nothing to the same standard as the private sector. If you work for the government (and you're not prior military), you're the bottom of the barrel. Quality workers go private; the idiots go public. Just what I've witnessed.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
This is a big reason I'm conservative. I grew up in a military family, I'm in the military...I heard my parents b**** about those government types all my life and now I'm witnessing it myself. The government is full of morons, and it does nothing to the same standard as the private sector. If you work for the government (and you're not prior military), you're the bottom of the barrel. Quality workers go private; the idiots go public. Just what I've witnessed.

Or you start private, and then go public when you've made a decent amount and want to have better hours.

That's a whole nother debate right there. I know plenty of idiots in private business and plenty of very competent and great workers in the public sector. Let's not get carried away and say that everyone who goes into the public sector is a dumbass/lazy worker. Believe it or not but some people have a passion for their jobs in the government.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
Did you just call yourself an idiot?

The military is fine. Some of the most brilliant minds I've ever come across. It's the civilians we work with who are idiots. Lazy, undisciplined, selfish, incompetent, mean-spirited. It's disgusting that we have to put up with this.

I have met some incredibly dumb people in the military too. It's like anywhere else in life. There were also times at least once a week where I had to shake my head and go "THIS MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. WHAT THE f*** ARE WE DOING???" There is also an asshole or a backstabber around every corner, you eventually learn to navigate those douches and you take the bad with the good.

Edited by lostfan