Casey Anthony Verdict

Kyyle23

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty clear that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter, and I think it's also highly likely that the parents aided in the coverup. But, all you need is reasonable doubt, and because they body was not discovered for a long time, the defense had an open window for reasonable doubt. Especially since the prosecution didn't seem 100 percent sure on how the girl died. It's unfortunate, and I'm not a fan of our legal system at all, but based on its setup, I see why today happened. It's just an absolute shame that a killer, once again, will walk free.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
I think it's like a year max for each of those 4 lying charges, and she's already been in jail almost 3 years, so....not likely.

I did not realize she's been in jail three years. I plead ignorance in not following the case.

There was no bail?

Wow.

Where did she serve this time. 3 years is a pretty long time for a young mother who likes to party.

That's something I guess.

If the judge would give her the max on the lying to police charges, that'd be nice, at least 5-6 years total in the slammer for this alleged witch.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
Florida can't do s*** right. Can't count votes, can't convict an obvious murderer, can't win a NBA championship with a loaded team, what are they good for?

common sense cant be used as evidence and you cant convict someone based on theories.

the prosecution should have went after a lesser charge. Casey used chloroform as a babysitting alternative. To say she wanted Caylee to be dead is a stretch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
I did not realize she's been in jail three years. I plead ignorance in not following the case.

There was no bail?

Wow.

Where did she serve this time. 3 years is a pretty long time for a young mother who likes to party.

That's something I guess.

If the judge would give her the max on the lying to police charges, that'd be nice, at least 5-6 years total in the slammer for this alleged witch.

she will probably get time served.

she originally had bail and some attention whore cowboy bailed her out in hopes she would confess to him where the girl was. When Casey didnt tell him anything, the guy had her bail revoked and she went back to jail.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Another solid thought on this...

Bernie Tafoya

I find it ironic there are so many arm-chair TV-watching jurors who try to avoid jury duty, yet are upset by the Casey Anthony decision.

statement of the year.

I'm actually not so upset at the decision itself, cuz in all honesty I know why the jury made the decision it did. The prosecution just couldn't prove anything, even if it seemed blindingly obvious that all roads led to "she killed her." I'm more upset about the fact that Casey Anthony got away with whatever she did... Casey Anthony is responsible for that.

But the armchair jurors are annoying as hell... people in my news feed saying "the government owes Mike Vick and Plaxico Burress something!" Umm owe them what? They broke laws, they went to prison. That's ass backwards logic.

OK I just read more on tis case.

I mean use some f***ing common sense.

Casey Anthony's own mother called 911 when she said the car smelled like a dead body was in there and didn't get answers from her daughter about how the little girl was missing a month!

2.) The girl was missing a f***ing month before mama said anything. Mama Casey then was uncooperative. To go a month without reporting her missing because she wanted to do the investigation herself?? And she gets off scott free? I mean my god, couldn't they get her on some charge?? A mom can go a month without telling anybody her kid is gone??? And she partied in the interim? What did she do each and every night daughter was missing and cops weren't told??

Guys can Casey lose some significant money in this August case? I hope so.

Anthony told investigators that she had left 2-year-old Caylee on June 16 with a babysitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez – also known as "Zanny" – at a specific Orlando apartment complex. A woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who was on the apartment records as having visited apartments on that date was questioned by police and said she did not know Casey or Caylee.[60] She has since filed a defamation suit seeking compensatory and punitive damages, alleging that Casey willfully damaged her reputation.[61] It was reported that Anthony would be exercising her rights under the Fifth Amendment in response to written questions in the civil case.[62] The civil trial is set for August 29, 2011.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
One other think. If Casey alleges her dad covered up Caylee's death by drowning, why isn't dad going on trial?

This is too confusing.

There's no evidence, why would the state of Florida waste tax payers money to put her dad on trial when they couldn't even get her convicted. The state and prosecutors are not going to waste their time and the tax payers money on Casey Anthony's word. You think a jury would take her as a witness seriously when she got convicted of lying today?

Your not going to be accused of anything unless there's enough evidence to put you on trial. Casey's word isn't even close to enough.

It's pretty clear Casey killed her child, but there was no evidence that showed it happened beyond a reasonable doubt, and unless some new evidence comes out that nails someone else no one is going to go to jail for killing Caylee as sad as that is.

But if one person who is innocent goes free in some other trial because of reasonable doubt rule, then the justice system is working even if it means Casey gets off free.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
If by new, you mean old.

Our entire criminal system is created so that the benefit of the doubt goes to the accused. Could have easily had the standard "preponderance of the evidence" standard. In which case it just had to be more likely true than untrue.

I mean "new" as in, I can't think beyond obvious blatant s*** in my face.

Dumb people = dumb jury = dumb verdicts.

These dopes couldn't add 1 + 1.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
Another solid thought on this...

Bernie Tafoya

I find it ironic there are so many arm-chair TV-watching jurors who try to avoid jury duty, yet are upset by the Casey Anthony decision.

If I got paid the same amount for sitting in a jury box as I do for going to work, I'd do it.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
If I got paid the same amount for sitting in a jury box as I do for going to work, I'd do it.

You still get paid your work salary + time off, + a tiny jury pay check. I believe its illegal for your work to fire you or punish you for being on a jury.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 10:11 AM)
You still get paid your work salary + time off, + a tiny jury pay check. I believe its illegal for your work to fire you or punish you for being on a jury.

They can't punish you, but they don't have to pay you.