Sox Sign Keenyn Walker

Heads22

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
It's telling the lack of 'enthusiasm' over this guy. Nobody cared when he signed. Nobody really cares that he's debuting tonight. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Or because this is about the 4th different time we have heard that he signed. It was talked about in the minor league thread last week when it first came out he was signed, and people have asked why he hasn't played yet as well.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Or because this is about the 4th different time we have heard that he signed. It was talked about in the minor league thread last week when it first came out he was signed, and people have asked why he hasn't played yet as well.

Let's just say the anticipation is nowhere near what it was for Beckham, Mitchell or Sale. Then again, he was a comp pick.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)

Really? I must have missed that because the Sox did not announce it til today.

He's got a lot of talent. Whether the Sox or he can do anything with that talent is yet to be seen, but this is far from a bad draft choice. Perhaps not the best, but most definitely not the worst. I'm excited to have him start playing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:37 AM)
He's got a lot of talent. Whether the Sox or he can do anything with that talent is yet to be seen, but this is far from a bad draft choice. Perhaps not the best, but most definitely not the worst. I'm excited to have him start playing.

I saw him play last year year in Alaska. They did a double header on July 4th starting at 9pm so it's dark enough by 1am to do fireworks. He impressed me with his athleticism in the outfield, made a couple of great plays. I don't recall much about his hitting.