7/5 Games

danman31

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
a HR, 2 2B, 1 3B, and 3 BB's since yesterday. the optimist in me is saying that he figured something out.

Or is rounding back into shape. He had the looks of a real good player before just a terrible injury. I, for one, am not surprised of his struggles. You don't miss an entire year of baseball and come right back in like nothing happened. I think he has time to get the rust off, so if he hits from July on, I think he will re-establish himself as a legit prospect.

It won't happen, but how cool would an OF of Walker-Thompson-Mitchell be? That range would be insane. But that will never happen, and most likely 2/3 will completely bust.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
It won't happen, but how cool would an OF of Walker-Thompson-Mitchell be? That range would be insane. But that will never happen, and most likely 2/3 will completely bust.

Remember when a Sweeney/Anderson/Reed outfield sounded exciting?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
Or is rounding back into shape. He had the looks of a real good player before just a terrible injury. I, for one, am not surprised of his struggles. You don't miss an entire year of baseball and come right back in like nothing happened. I think he has time to get the rust off, so if he hits from July on, I think he will re-establish himself as a legit prospect.

Plus the guy is a full time baseball player for the first time in his life.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
Almost cried when Reed was traded. Actually cried when McCarthy was traded. Tears in vain.

I was very upset when we traded Reed. I actually liked the McCarthy-Danks deal when it was made. I viewed it as a long-term move, but I never thought it would turn out as well as it has.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
I was pissed as hell that day. Most pissed I have ever been as a Sox fan. I loved Miggy, too.

The most pissed I was ever as a Sox fan was when we lowballed Robin Ventura after the White Flag trade. I even wrote a letter to the team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
The most pissed I was ever as a Sox fan was when we lowballed Robin Ventura after the White Flag trade. I even wrote a letter to the team.

I hate to admit it now, but I was also very PO'd when the Sox traded Cameron for Konerko. Earlier in 1999 when Cameron scored from second on a sac fly, I was hooked. But, glad to have Paulie and that World Series Grand Slam.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
I hate to admit it now, but I was also very PO'd when the Sox traded Cameron for Konerko. Earlier in 1999 when Cameron scored from second on a sac fly, I was hooked. But, glad to have Paulie and that World Series Grand Slam.

Kuhn 0 for 4 not a great debut. I was expecting 2 for 4. I am still hoping for his success at aaa.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:05 AM)
Kuhn 0 for 4 not a great debut. I was expecting 2 for 4. I am still hoping for his success at aaa.

Yes he has to take a while to adjust to the league. I'm not as high on him as some here (more of a projected utility type in the future from most reports, not to mention guys have killed AA pitching and not had the same success with a level jump before) but he needs time. Sox are batting him second (and played him at 3B in that game ironically) so that's a great way for him to get more at-bats in Charlotte.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)

Trying to remember.... Do you have details?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
My boy Semien with a very nice game.

3/4, 2B, HR, 2 RBI. I think he may be my AAP if he hasn't already been scooped up.

My girlfriend's brother caught his Homerun ball last night. I had the pleasure of going with him to give it to Marcus. Seemed like a great guy! Can't wait to see what else he has in store.