7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
KC grabs the lead in all 3 games. So much for Peavy's plea for passion.

Peavy....? Is that the same guy who couldn't hold the eight and ninth place hitters on a last place team in check with two outs and runners on last night??

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
Yeah. The Sox need to fire/replace some people. There is no doubt about that.

They just need players to play better. For a team that's been so predictably mediocre on offense this year, it's a blessing we're still in the thick of the race. Walker of course should have been fired after 2007, but we know he's here as long as Ozzie is. At this point, the only break us fans could get with this offense is if someone unfortunately has to go on the DL like Teahen or Dunn or Rios or Pierre.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
I'll be happy to take 1 of 4 against the Twins. Figuring Humber will have a good chance to shut them down. Maybe we score 3 to squeak by in the opener.

KC's performance against us shows me there's no change in our approach to Central Div. teams.

It will be a miracle to split that Twins series. If the Twins win the opener, they sweep us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
They just need players to play better. For a team that's been so predictably mediocre on offense this year, it's a blessing we're still in the thick of the race. Walker of course should have been fired after 2007, but we know he's here as long as Ozzie is. At this point, the only break us fans could get with this offense is if someone unfortunately has to go on the DL like Teahen or Dunn or Rios or Pierre.

I vote for all 4

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
KC's performance against us shows me there's no change in our approach to Central Div. teams.

It will be a miracle to split that Twins series. If the Twins win the opener, they sweep us.

I think we'll win 3 of 4. Offense just needs to get going, as you're not going to win when you have 3 players hitting well (and 2 of them have no power in AJ and Pierre).

Edited by fathom

I think I'm going to have to watch THE ROOMMATE with Minka Kelly for the 2nd time rather than see if we'll get no hit. It's one of the few movies I've seen below 10% at rottentomatoes and I dare not look at the IMDB rating.

Well, I can always just put her video on mute (who needs to hear her speak, really?) and be entertained by Farmer and DJ. DJ really wanted to go down there and head back to CF and rob that homer Rios inexplicably let hit the top of an 8 foot wall when he's one of the tallest outfielders in baseball.

Edwin Jackson is maddening, but the most annoying thing in the world is Greg Walker's continued employment. No other team in Major League Baseball would have Greg Walker still employed as hitting coach with so many players underperforming expectations and career norms.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
I think I'm going to have to watch THE ROOMMATE with Minka Kelly for the 2nd time rather than see if we'll get no hit. It's one of the few movies I've seen below 10% at rottentomatoes and I dare not look at the IMDB rating.

Well, I can always just put her video on mute (who needs to hear her speak, really?) and be entertained by Farmer and DJ. DJ really wanted to go down there and head back to CF and rob that homer Rios inexplicably let hit the top of an 8 foot wall when he's one of the tallest outfielders in baseball.

Leighton Meister is not bad to look at either

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Edwin Jackson is maddening, but the most annoying thing in the world is Greg Walker's continued employment. No other team in Major League Baseball would have Greg Walker still employed as hitting coach with so many players underperforming expectations and career norms.

Indeed. It's unprecedented to have him employed for so long with such awful results.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
a two out hit with RISP

how is this team not embarrassed enough to try a different approach jsut becasuethey look like complete s*** you would think a guy would want to make some sort of adjustment

Go piss on a statue. Ozzie knows what he's doing.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
Peavy....? Is that the same guy who couldn't hold the eight and ninth place hitters on a last place team in check with two outs and runners on last night??

I think he was inspired by Misti May's Brazilian thong style beach volleyball uniform.

That alone is worth 50 points on his batting average every year...wanting to keep her happy with an MLB salary.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
a two out hit with RISP

how is this team not embarrassed enough to try a different approach jsut becasuethey look like complete s*** you would think a guy would want to make some sort of adjustment

Which opposing pitcher basically said teams look forward to facing the Sox because everyone tries to go deep and pull the baseball? Someone on the Twins.

Yet we can't fire the hitting coach.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Which opposing pitcher basically said teams look forward to facing the Sox because everyone tries to go deep and pull the baseball? Someone on the Twins.

Nick Blackburn I believe

Caul, on a day when the Sox deserve all the rotten tomatoes we can throw at them this is hilarious!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
I think we'll win 3 of 4. Offense just needs to get going, as you're not going to win when you have 3 players hitting well (and 2 of them have no power in AJ and Pierre).

How the hell are we going to win 3 of 4?

Barring a miracle, we lose 2 of 3 to KC.

Minnie will mop the Sox. Teams in the Central are laughing when they pitch to our lineup. List the pitchers our lineup have made look like real pitchers.

3 in this series alone. All three of those KC starters SUCK and the Sox at home can't hit them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)

Yes it was someone on the Twins. Someone here is using the quote as their sig.

As long as changes are made to this team, I'm willing to sacrifice this year. I'd be embarassed for the Sox if I was a fan of another team....There is no definable word for what this team is....at least I can't think of any.