7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
roll over on that outside pitch a White Sox mantra

"Not a lot of teams are as aggressive one through nine as they are," Blackburn said. "They're all up there hacking, and that's pretty much what you're getting used to when you know you're about to face the White Sox."

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
It's turned into just an epidemic with RISP

And nothing will change because of it. Same lineups, same hitting coach, same scouts.

EDIT: And no help from your best hitter in the minors.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
You're going to get Balta and NSS on your case, be wary, thee!

I respect those guys, but Morel is the next to last worst 3rd baseman, with regards to hitting, in all of baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
I respect those guys, but Morel is the next to last worst 3rd baseman, with regards to hitting, in all of baseball.

But he's improved from atrocious to slight better than atrocious in his 3 months here.

Who's worse, Melvin Mora?

Didn't he get waived or retire recently?

Chris Snopek?

Another fastball right down the middle, center cut for the youngster who's programmed to see ball, hit ball, swing hard.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
How is every hitter on the Sox offense not on the DL with arm troubles? They've had to tip their caps sooo many times this season...

LOL

No doubt. It's the complete stubbornness from Ozzie and his lineups, the dysfunctional relationship between him and Kenny (i.e., what to do with Viciedo), and absolute silence from JR that baffles me.

If the games continues without the White Sox scoring a run, would anyone argue there's been a worse White Sox game this season?

I remember the last Sox game I could attend in person, it was early 2009 and Garcia started at home against the Twins and we lost 21 or 22-1 or something like that. That was entertaining because it was at least interesting to watch the offense from the other team.

where do rios beckham and dunn stand?

LOL

No doubt. It's the complete stubbornness from Ozzie and his lineups, the dysfunctional relationship between him and Kenny (i.e., what to do with Viciedo), and absolute silence from JR that baffles me.

This is one of the most maddenly consistent elements of these White Sox teams, apart from the terrible hitting Ozzie's complete stubbornness in the face of so much evidence to the contrary of his illogical decisions.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
This team just isn't that good, folks...

This is a .500 ball club through and through, I expect nothing more from them.

.500 or .525 is the maximum upside.

Losing this one, three of four or all four to Minnie and a 3-7 start the second half and we are finally done by the end of July.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
If the games continues without the White Sox scoring a run, would anyone argue there's been a worse White Sox game this season?

I remember the last Sox game I could attend in person, it was early 2009 and Garcia started at home against the Twins and we lost 21 or 22-1 or something like that. That was entertaining because it was at least interesting to watch the offense from the other team.

:lolhitting