7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
.500 or .525 is the maximum upside.

Losing this one, three of four or all four to Minnie and a 3-7 start the second half and we are finally done by the end of July.

Well, if we're going to fade, better to do it the next 3 weeks instead of doing it in August.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
In our last 23 games, we've scored more than 3 runs against the starting pitcher ONCE. That was Randy Wells, courtesy of Mike Quade.

So basically anybody who goes out there shuts us down.

Bye bye Greg Walker.

Bye bye Ozzie.

Why are they waiting to fire people and change things??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)

Bye bye Greg Walker.

Bye bye Ozzie.

One of life's big mysteries.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
Well, if we're going to fade, better to do it the next 3 weeks instead of doing it in August.

It'll be the same thing they did last year. s*** start to the second half will end it early.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)

Bye bye Greg Walker.

Bye bye Ozzie.

because its the players who should be fired

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
If the games continues without the White Sox scoring a run, would anyone argue there's been a worse White Sox game this season?

I remember the last Sox game I could attend in person, it was early 2009 and Garcia started at home against the Twins and we lost 21 or 22-1 or something like that. That was entertaining because it was at least interesting to watch the offense from the other team.

That was the same day Jake said no to us the first time. Wish he said no the second...

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
because its the players who should be fired

Even though we have had this horrid offensive approach since the second half of the 2006 season? The players have changed, but the manager/hitting coach haven't.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
This is so funny.

I guess if people want to pay for this s*** more power to 'em.

Team has proven it cannot hit ANY starting pitcher in the league.

I don't even want to think of how bad our offensive stats would be if not for Jeff Niemann.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)

Losing this one, three of four or all four to Minnie and a 3-7 start the second half and we are finally done by the end of July.

.525 (85 wins) could win this division.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)

Still not convinced, Greg.

I'm not sure we can really play ourselves out of hailing distance. It's the curse of the White Sox. Just when you want to throw out all expectations, they'll rally and you start to believe in them again.

A sweep by the Twins and then 3 more offdays during the break to mull over 6 consecutive losses MIGHT MIGHT be enough to get something to change.

But doubtful.

Amazing the Twins COULD be 1 1/2 games ahead of us after Sunday's finale. Now that's unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility. You know the Twins will bring it and we've been playing flat as hell. We were very, very lucky to get that balk Monday or it wasn't looking good in extras.

Blackburn is right about the free swinging.

How many of our guys are just hacking and guessing. The games I watch I see check swings on the first and second pitch all the time with players going around.

So KC could have easily swept this series and no changes.

Hilarious.

At least Minnie's sweep will force Jerry to do something. I'd expect Walker will be canned at the break after the Minnie sweep. That will be a start.

Lifeless, unmotivated, unfocused, and nothing changes.

2nd time around and we are still clueless. Another lead off man on. I wonder if they will score again. Getting schooled by a 34-51 team. Woohoo!!!

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
It's also amazing for as long as Santiago has been with the big club, we haven't seen him. Shows two things in my mind: the Sox want to protect him and we've been in a ton of close games.

Hasn't been a lead bigger than 3 in a game we've played in for a hell of a long time. I feel awful for our starting pitchers where 3 runs allowed seems like they're giving us no chance to win.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Chen's ERA is down to 3.17 in 10 starts this season. If he keeps it under 4 this month, I wonder if the Royals could get a decent prospect for him at the deadline?

We might as well just give them Viciedo so J4L can officially cross the line to Royals' fandom.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Chen's ERA is down to 3.17 in 10 starts this season. If he keeps it under 4 this month, I wonder if the Royals could get a decent prospect for him at the deadline?

If I were the Royals I'd keep him. He's Cy Chen in this divison.