7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
Just tuning in. Another atrocity from the offense I see. In what alternate or parallel universe does an AL team sporting a payroll of nearly $130 million get shut down by Bruce Chen?

The weird thing is so many people will be still, "it's early; we'll be fine; we still have a lot of games left against the central.'

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Maybe the weirdest post of the season here

LOL, dude couldn't think of any thing else, ohh and it's supposed to say back not bad, fricken word corrector

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
Right, because of all our problems this year he's been one of the biggest...

Not even close. But he and CQ have cooled off considerably. CQ is 16 for his last 85 with ZERO home runs. Ramirez is sporting a sub-.600 OPS the last month. This wouldn't be as big a deal if we weren't featuring 5 of the worst players at their respective positions right now.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
No, but he's my whipping boy just like rios is many people here

He misplayed another ball today (badly) that went off the top of the fence for a homer. Didn't even make a play on it, really.

Not that our offense can score, anyway.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
Just tuning in. Another atrocity from the offense I see. In what alternate or parallel universe does an AL team sporting a payroll of nearly $130 million get shut down by Bruce Chen?

what's the Tigers payroll? The failed to score even one run against him

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
No, but he's my whipping boy just like rios is many people here

I dont normally pile on like most of the posters around here, but when your whipping boy has put up the numbers Alexei has this year, who's next? Konerko? lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
You're comparing one of the best players in baseball at his position to one of the worst players in the entire Major Leagues?

I just wish Lexi and Beckham would wake up.

Maybe then we could win a series against Kansas City instead of almost getting swept at home.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
You're comparing one of the best players in baseball at his position to one of the worst players in the entire Major Leagues?

Why is Lexi the best? Cause he makes fancy plays? What's the fascination? Really, make the smart plays, the Rutine plays and then I'll call him the best, that's why Vizquel was the best back in the day

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Not even close. But he and CQ have cooled off considerably. CQ is 16 for his last 85 with ZERO home runs. Ramirez is sporting a sub-.600 OPS the last month. This wouldn't be as big a deal if we weren't featuring 5 of the worst players at their respective positions right now.

The way CQ is going, I don't need to see him bat in the AS game.

It's pretty funny really that one of our hitters (not named Paulie) made the AS game when our pitching has been the only reason we don't have the Royals' record.

Royals have a chance to work on that record, though, with so many games left against us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
Saw a rumor they're trying to acquire a SS and starting pitcher...maybe Hardy/Guthrie?

Then they would play Peralta back at 3B again?

Santiago's been 2B, with Raburn.

Guthrie makes a lot of sense as insurance for Scherzer/Porcello/Penny.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
I dont normally pile on like most of the posters around here, but when your whipping boy has put up the numbers Alexei has this year, who's next? Konerko? lol

Huh? 8 homers and 30 something RBI's are good numbers? Whoa you're standards are kinda low

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Somebody explain to me the Brent Morel at bat when the bases were loaded? I was listening and and Farmer insinuated Morel swung at three straight balls instead of just taking the f***ing walk. Were those three pitches clearly out of the zone?

Yes.

Chen threw him two lob meatballs on 3-0 and 3-1.

He took them when you could have hit either over the fence.

Then on 3-2 he swung at 3 straight balls. Finally popping out weakly.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
Somebody explain to me the Brent Morel at bat when the bases were loaded? I was listening and and Farmer insinuated Morel swung at three straight balls instead of just taking the f***ing walk. Were those three pitches clearly out of the zone?

Nah. Morel had a 3 - 0 count, took 2 called strikes, and swung at ball 4 high in the zone.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Yes.

Chen threw him two lob meatballs on 3-0 and 3-1.

He took them when you could have hit either over the fence.

Then on 3-2 he swung at 3 straight balls. Finally popping out weakly.

Gotcha. He really is a sub-standard performer.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Huh? 8 homers and 30 something RBI's are good numbers? Whoa you're standards are kinda low

How many shortstops that are close to the top defensively are also averaging 15 homers and 60+ RBI's per season?

This is not 2008. Offense has fallen off by 20-25% since then. That's the equivalent of 20 and 75, normally Juan Uribe's numbers.

I wish the AS break started today.

No need to play Minnie four straight starting tomorrow.

Now if we'd call up Viciedo and DeAza and fire Walker all today, I'd be all for playing Minnie.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
There's only 5 SS in MLB with more homers and only 4 with more RBIs.

But those ain't good numbers by any means. Don't get me wrong I think had talent and tools, but he has a peanut for a brain. That's why i don' see the lovefest with lexi. He sould have even better numbers no matter what