7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
It's disturbing that this continues and, no batting stance changes, no choking up a little to make contact, no one seemingly aware of game situations. You cant call what our coaches do, as coaching. There is no instruction thats visible to me. If they are ignoring it, they shouldn't play.

The only players I've seen make changes like that are Alexei and Konerko. Not surprisingly they are two of our best hitters.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
lol

what frustrates me the most is people believing in this team, the writing is on the wall and has been all year: THEY CAN'T BEAT THE TEAMS IN THEIR DIVISION.

stop thinking this team is better than they are, they aren't winning the division, the twins are gonna win 2 of 3, or sweep us after this series. don't be surprised when it happens, either

There was some idiot on B and B yetserday taking issue with Dan and Terry's assessment that the Sox are mediocre at best and that despite the winning surge since early May, the Sox will bottom out and finish well behind first.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
We have a league avg offense. And its still pathetic. How you could have a team that supposedly "underachieves" and you havent made any changes is beyond me. Most clubs that perceive they arent getting enough out of their team will :

1. Bring up their top prospect who has proven he can hit MLB pitching and is raking in the minors

2. Change SOMEONE on the coaching staff.

Agreed - is this the case of manaagement overrating their players and expecting a different result from what has occurred pretty regularly now for 87 games?

We have too many guys in our lineup that think "HR" and not "Hit". Beckham, Konerko despite his good avg, Dunn, Ramirez, Rios, Quentin, even f***ing AJ had his lift and pull streaks

We need some regular f***ing LD hitters, this bases loaded 0/1 run bulls*** is getting old

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
It's disturbing that this continues and, no batting stance changes, no choking up a little to make contact, no one seemingly aware of game situations. You cant call what our coaches do, as coaching. There is no instruction thats visible to me. If they are ignoring it, they shouldn't play.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
Aren't the White Sox 7-27 in their last 34 vs Minnesota? Haven't they scored just 3 ER in 4 games this season against them?

Perhaps the Sox are ready to even things out ever so slightly, but I have no reason to expect the Sox being competetive against the Twins this weekend.

1.) Great post.

2.) How the hell can we expect to beat the Twins when they are capable of scoring runs and we aren't? Also they own us and are playing with the house's money. It's like they are mocking us when they play us cause they know there's nothing we can do about it except lose.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
Ozzie needs to go. He's too immature to be a MLB manager. He's too scared to fire his ineffective buddy that he played with back in the day.

Can't make changes, as that would take the players out of their comfort zone and make people thing they're in panic mode.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
We have too many guys in our lineup that think "HR" and not "Hit". Beckham, Konerko despite his good avg, Dunn, Ramirez, Rios, Quentin, even f***ing AJ had his lift and pull streaks

We need some regular f***ing LD hitters, this bases loaded 0/1 run bulls*** is getting old

Problem is the home run well has dried up (cept for Paulie of course)

Most junior college teams would probably have a better chance against Chen...he pitches so slowly, he's under that typical fastball hitting zone of 86-96 that 98% of starters are at.

This isn't the first time he's bedeviled a team. It won't be the last, I'm sure.

Tip your caps, yada yada.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
There was some idiot on B and B yetserday taking issue with Dan and Terry's assessment that the Sox are mediocre at best and that despite the winning surge since early May, the Sox will bottom out and finish well behind first.

I don't think they realize that the Sox have actually been a good team (W-L) since May, but it's hard to argue with bernstein that the Sox aren't an average team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
We have a league avg offense. And its still pathetic. How you could have a team that supposedly "underachieves" and you havent made any changes is beyond me. Most clubs that perceive they arent getting enough out of their team will :

1. Bring up their top prospect who has proven he can hit MLB pitching and is raking in the minors

2. Change SOMEONE on the coaching staff.

MOST clubs...key word there. White Sox don't believe in shaking things up...or I should rephrase...Ozzie doesn't believe in throwing any of this buddies under the bus. Who effin' runs this team?!?

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)

Beckham not having a line drive swing is one of the great mysteries surrounding the Sox the last decade.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
Can't make changes, as that would take the players out of their comfort zone and make people thing they're in panic mode.

I would be all for firing Oz, KW and Walker after this game.

I guess the fairer thing would be to wait for the AS break if as expected we lose 3 or 4 vs. Minnie at home.

To not fire them then would be sad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
I would be all for firing Oz, KW and Walker after this game.

I guess the fairer thing would be to wait for the AS break if as expected we lose 3 or 4 vs. Minnie at home.

To not fire them then would be sad.

You're setting yourself up for severe disappointment if you think someone is losing their job during the year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
Would the offense really be hurt that much by injecting Danks2 and Viciedo in our lineup instead of Rios and JP/Dunn?

I would say De Aza over D2, personally. I think he and Viciedo could add some energy and thump, respectively.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
Would the offense really be hurt that much by injecting Danks2 and Viciedo in our lineup instead of Rios and JP/Dunn?

Viciedo would be our 3rd best hitter, I've said that for a while. Danks 2 is awful though, I'd rather see De Aza.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Problem is the home run well has dried up (cept for Paulie of course)

And the guys that don't think home run....can't ever walk or even hit a double these days.

You can count Lillibridge as a charter member of the "homer happy" club, too.

Vizquel...well, he hasn't changed in 20+ years.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)

That is soooo true, good post