7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
Greg...chill

I don't like Gordo's approach, his stance, the way he uses his hands.

Just lost faith in him.

1-2-3 vs. Soria is a given here. He is good; we not so much.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
I would have given up already, called up Viciedo, danks and who ever else, let them play at least make losing interesting

That's the thing that pisses me off. Calling up Viciedo isn't giving up, it's making this team better. Going with this same 25 man roster could be considered just riding out the stretch.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
His numbers across the board have trended downward for 3 seasons now. He's not 20 or 21. He'll be 25 soon and he was supposed to be this "advanced" hitter with a natural "feel" for the game. He's basically an fundamentally-challenged, mental midget.

He hasn't even played 324 games (2 complete seasons worth of games) yet.

Across the board trending downward? He had his best half of baseball in terms of AVG/OBP in the 2nd half of last season.

Over his past 365 days, he's hitting just below his career average.

I don't evaluate him until the end of this season. I think it's premature to write him off now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
Because I don't think he's maximizing his God-given ability. It's a waste, a shame, however you want to describe it.

Dunn's just lost mentally. That's not about lack of effort...that's simply trying too hard and thinking too much. It just usually doesn't last for this long.

If you want to compare, except for the first 2-3 months of 2010, Rios has been lost for almost 3 years at the plate.

And his defense has deteriorated markedly this year. It's clear to everyone who follows the team closely.

I agree with you 100%, it's my same beef with lexi

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
You can't summarize how offensively pathetic our offense is better than WGN just did by making the "Ford Drive of the Game" our pitcher having a nice inning in his MLB debut.

It's like when in the 80s, the Cubs used to give the Midas Player of the Game to...the fans

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
I agree with you 100%, it's my same beef with lexi

Alexei should have won the GG last year statistically speaking, he also ranks in the top echelon offensively of all SS. What else do you want from him?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
That's the thing that pisses me off. Calling up Viciedo isn't giving up, it's making this team better. Going with this same 25 man roster could be considered just riding out the stretch.

True, but I would have gone with the kids can play part 7 by now

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
He hasn't even played 324 games (2 complete seasons worth of games) yet.

Across the board trending downward? He had his best half of baseball in terms of AVG/OBP in the 2nd half of last season.

Over his past 365 days, he's hitting just below his career average.

I don't evaluate him until the end of this season. I think it's premature to write him off now.

I'm not writing him off. And I was one that was encouraged going into this season because of his markedly improved second half from last year. But he's reverted right back to his first half struggles from a year ago. Not encouraging for a guy that will be 25 in 2 months.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
Alexei should have won the GG last year statistically speaking, he also ranks in the top echelon offensively of all SS. What else do you want from him?

Use his melon, and really show off that talent he has, cause he has talent that I won't argue but .....

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Serious question ... after this series combined with our body of work this season and last how do you not fire Walker?

How?

greg, we all agree with you. But how many different ways are you going to reiterate the same thing?