Official greg don't jump off a ledge until Sunday thread

caulfield12

It is a very frustrating time - that's all I can say. We end up just going over the same old stuff -trade that guy and this guy-this guy sucks-fire everyone- trade everyone, etc, etc

Scoring a lot of runs for several game sin a row will help get us happy again - that is as long as the pitching doersn't collapse and give up a lot of runs at the same time.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
It is a very frustrating time - that's all I can say. We end up just going over the same old stuff -trade that guy and this guy-this guy sucks-fire everyone- trade everyone, etc, etc

Scoring a lot of runs for several game sin a row will help get us happy again - that is as long as the pitching doersn't collapse and give up a lot of runs at the same time.

Yes, but as fathom pointed out, we haven't scored more than 3 runs off a starter in about a month.

I don't know if we'll ever score a lot of runs for several games in a row.

I don't think it's in this lineup's makeup.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
They will help just by replacing 2 of the carcasses that are here now

Which 2 would Kenny replace? Not Dunn, not Rios, they get to play because one is our best overpaid lazy, underachieving centerfielder the other is just too horrible for words. They are playing because their contracts are too big to dfa.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
Yes, but as fathom pointed out, we haven't scored more than 3 runs off a starter in about a month.

I don't know if we'll ever score a lot of runs for several games in a row.

I don't think it's in this lineup's makeup.

LMAO....yeah it's in the "makeup" for sure. We are 4.5 back and in the thick despite (as someone else mentioned) playing to about 60% of our capacity ALL year long. At some point or another the Sox will find the right mix of players and this lineup will explode and propel us to a Division Championship behind our sometimes spotty, but still very solid staff. Book it.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)
LMAO....yeah it's in the "makeup" for sure. We are 4.5 back and in the thick despite (as someone else mentioned) playing to about 60% of our capacity ALL year long. At some point or another the Sox will find the right mix of players and this lineup will explode and propel us to a Division Championship behind our sometimes spotty, but still very solid staff. Book it.

In the thick of what? The team is under .500.

We should start a prediction thread for this series. At the worst it'll make me look bad. At the best, I'll be able to do a reverse jinx cause I'll probably pick we lose all 4. I might go with 3 though.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
In the thick of what? The team is under .500.

We should start a prediction thread for this series. At the worst it'll make me look bad. At the best, I'll be able to do a reverse jinx cause I'll probably pick we lose all 4. I might go with 3 though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
:notworthy

I love this. So simple, yet true.

Get to the playoffs. Win 11 games. It doesn't have to be a perfect season fellas.

We're not going to get '05 type breaks every year and go wire to wire with 99 wins. Playing to the level of your competition (which is what the Sox do each year) is not something I condone; and yes, this team could've come out hot this spring and had the division by the throat by now. As it stands, we don't and we still are not in that bad of shape. So for now, get off the ledge and TRY to remember that we are in a mediocre (at best) division and that we are chasing the Cleveland Indians and Detroit F#$% Tigers.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
Get to the playoffs. Win 11 games. It doesn't have to be a perfect season fellas.

We're not going to get '05 type breaks every year and go wire to wire with 99 wins. Playing to the level of your competition (which is what the Sox do each year) is not something I condone; and yes, this team could've come out hot this spring and had the division by the throat by now. As it stands, we don't and we still are not in that bad of shape. So for now, get off the ledge and TRY to remember that we are in a mediocre (at best) division and that we are chasing the Cleveland Indians and Detroit F#$% Tigers.

Have you seen our division record this year? Not very encouraging.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)

I'll leave the ledge when we show some spark against KC, Detroit, Minnie. Somehow we beat Cleveland once in a while.

For some reason, I just had a vision of Greg as Leonardo DiCaprio in Inception urging his wife not to jump.

:bang

Blackburn against Floyd, that's not exactly confidence-inspiring. On paper, it's the worst match-up of the series for the Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Okay, that's it.

Jumping is the only logical choice for self-preservation of one's sanity.

It's at least time to get the Converse High Tops out of the closet and lace 'em up.

I'm actually just jumping to another dimension (like the time-space bridge in Transformers 3) where the results of the major league team don't matter as much as developing our prospects and setting everything up for 2012.

Just don't want KW to be the one in the position of pulling the trigger any longer. Everyone in this organization is currently part of the problem, and it starts at the very top. It's like a disease....that leads to a sense of lethargy, malaise and self-doubt whenever we play teams in our own division. Enough is enough.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
Nope. Ledge jumping can't commence until the conclusion of Sunday's games.

I'd rather push somebody on the Sox off the ledge (into a pool of water of course) rather than jump myself.

We have as much chance of winning one of the next two as Casey Anthony does of deciding to come clean and admit to the murder in an upcoming interview or book.

The only time we beat the Twins this year (if we beat 'em) will be when we're long out of the "race" and somehow Mark pitches a shutout and we win 1-0 or something crazy.