Is there a scenario ...?

Cali

We all hope and pray Ozzie will be gone this off-season, I know on more than one occasion Ozzie has stated that when he goes his staff will go with him. Which is fine as well.

But is there some way to get rid of Ozzie and his crew, but KEEP Don Cooper? It seems like Coop doesnt really have that loyalty to Guillen that say, Cora does. I remember Nardi Contreras. I can't deal with that s*** again. Cooper has done amazing in all his years here and unless Dave Duncan is his replacement on the new manager's staff, Cooper needs to stay.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
I've said this before, but Cooper wants the managerial job from what he's said on the radio.

He's awful with the media. Can't see him ever managing as that's part of the gig.

I'd be ok with Cooper leaving for the Yankees or another team if it meant the Kenny/Ozzie/Cora/Walker thing would get blown up.

I'm thoroughly disgusted with this whole organization.

It's like we're forced to pretend nothing is wrong because there's a chance we'll win this pathetic division. But can anyone honestly say they enjoy watching this club on a day-to-day basis win or lose? The brand of baseball, the Ozzie/Kenny thing, the marketing of the team, Hawk, ...all of it. It's just garbage everywhere you look.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
He's awful with the media. Can't see him ever managing as that's part of the gig.

I'd be ok with Cooper leaving for the Yankees or another team if it meant the Kenny/Ozzie/Cora/Walker thing would get blown up.

It's like we're forced to pretend nothing is wrong because there's a chance we'll win this pathetic division. But can anyone honestly say they enjoy watching this club on a day-to-day basis win or lose? The brand of baseball, the Ozzie/Kenny thing, the marketing of the team, Hawk, ...all of it. It's just garbage everywhere you look.

I'm in complete agreement. It's been a chore watching/following the games this season. Even when we win it's barely satisfying.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
I'm in complete agreement. It's been a chore watching/following the games this season. Even when we win it's barely satisfying.

All the games are the same (except for the comeback wins last week).

We pitch well; we don't hit. We find new ways to screw up with men on base and nobody out.

We get max one run if they are loaded and nobody out.

Frustrating team cept for the pitching. If you like good starting pitching and closing you like this team.

And watching Paulie has been good as well.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
Don't scoop up Martinez or Cooper?

Martinez.

He's studied under one of the best managers in all of baseball for the last four years. I like that pedigree.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)

Oh yes. Yes, yes, yes.

Just to play devil's advocate...which manager would have enabled Dunn, Beckham, and Q to hit (consistently)? I'll give Rios blows and was a gamble and same with Pierre. But if this team has an average Dunn and the Beckham we saw in '09 and 2nd half of '10, we're leading the division by double digits. And would this same manager be able to keep the same awesomeness of the pitching staff?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Just to play devil's advocate...which manager would have enabled Dunn, Beckham, and Q to hit (consistently)? I'll give Rios blows and was a gamble and same with Pierre. But if this team has an average Dunn and the Beckham we saw in '09 and 2nd half of '10, we're leading the division by double digits. And would this same manager be able to keep the same awesomeness of the pitching staff?

Would that manager continue batting a terrible contact hitter 3rd and claim there's no room for a hot hitting minor leaguer on the current roster?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Would that manager continue batting a terrible contact hitter 3rd and claim there's no room for a hot hitting minor leaguer on the current roster?

Would that manager also continue to put his team in the worst position to succeed or the best?

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
Martinez.

He's studied under one of the best managers in all of baseball for the last four years. I like that pedigree.

Let's see:

Strasburg, Harper, both Zimmermans, Rendon and a bunch of other young legit talent or the Sox? Hmmmm. Not sure which way I'd lean? :whichway

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
Let's see:

Strasburg, Harper, both Zimmermans, Rendon and a bunch of other young legit talent or the Sox? Hmmmm. Not sure which way I'd lean? :whichway

$$$$ haha

That's the only way. Or maybe, previous ties to the organization? Wants to manage in the AL cause he knows it better? The Nationals want someone else?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
Let's see:

I'd take the job of the team that has historically given its managers a lot of rope (e.g., Sox) and also has more history. But thats just me. Jerry is a very good owner to work under.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
I'd take the job of the team that has historically given its managers a lot of rope (e.g., Sox) and also has more history. But thats just me. Jerry is a very good owner to work under.

Versus the squad who wouldn't pick up the option for their manager who was the lowest paid in all of baseball.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
Haugh on the need for Viciedo to be brought up...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,2879948.column

Well, he helped his case tonight reaching base 4 times, including 3 walks.

It's time to pull the plug on Dunn's season. They either have to flat bench him, DL him--followed by the longest rehab stint possible, or just send him home if he agrees to it--which I know is unlikely.

With only 48 games until September 1st when rosters expand, they have to win as many games as possible--and that has to be without Adam Dunn... or they just aren't trying to win.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
Haugh on the need for Viciedo to be brought up...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,2879948.column

It's obviously much better for him to stay in the minors and try for an MVP, he is top 6 or 7 in almost all offensive categories.

It's good to see he's in the Futures game :headbang