Every MLB Team's Prospect Most Likely to Become a Big-Time Bust

LayelBurton

I think its interesting to look at both sides of the story. I found this article criticizing Petricka, and thought that I should post regardless.

Every MLB Team's Prospect Most Likely to Become a Big-Time Bust, Jacob Petricka, RHP, Chicago White Sox

Like most MLB clubs, I'm all for guys who can touch triple-digits with their fastball, but after taking a long, hard look at baseball's 100-mph club, you can't find too many names who have had sustained success in the big-leagues.

Look no further than the most recent addition to the club, Cincinnati's Aroldis Chapman. After a sensational rookie campaign, one that saw him top out at 105 mph, the lanky lefty has struggled to get back to the Majors, showing incredible inconsistency in his delivery, and wildness in game action.

Like most guys with that kind of velocity, Petricka has done pretty well for himself in the lower levels of the minors, where high 90s heat can make just about anyone look like Sandy Koufax. He's worked his way up to High-A ball in just 11 appearances, and the results have been excellent: a 2.76 ERA, 54 strikeouts in 49 innings.

We may have seen a little warning sign in his first start for High-A Winston-Salem. Petricka couldn't make it out of the fourth inning and walked three batters, striking out only one. The White Sox are likely hoping that it's just jitters that made the right-hander look so inconsistent, but it could be much much more.